Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello my dear Saturday blog family!

I did not forget about you - I just was too pooped to pop! :) Yesterday was Bill day - one of my least favorite days of the month -especially when finances are not top notch.:(   OO, but we stopped at a thrift store yesterday just for fun and I ran across a table that had two globes on it that showed the earth and I just had to stop and admire them. For some reason I have always loved globes - probably because the only people I ever saw who had them were important people like school-teachers. I had finally got one at a yard sale a few years back and was thrilled until one of the grand - kids broke it . But while I had a chance I had to look up Ireland where Micki(Irish Muses) lives and New Zealand where Chris(Diet Coke Rocks)  lives and Australia where Sue (Charlotte's Cottage) and Maria (Life On The Block) lives at! It was mind boggling to think that I have friends so far away. I sure don't think I can swim that far ! :) I had forgotten HOW much water is on our earth - that was a very good geography lesson . IF I could have had pin pals when I was in grade school and would have realized there was a reason to learn more of it - I might had done better in geography and not hated it so bad.  Live and Learn?????

Then today I started cleaning the living room so I can start bringing my flowers indoors so they can sulk all Fall and Winter long.I thought I would spend half the day on the living room and then half the day on the back porch! Was I wrong AGAIN! I have been ALL day on the living room and I just had to take a break to say Hi to you guys! :)

Those "dust bunnies" were almost as big as kangaroos. They say everything is bigger in Texas -but I don't think there is s dust bunny anywhere as large as the ones I chased today! Then I steam cleaned the hardwood floor and was SOOOO proud of it. I LOVE that piece of machinery! It cleans the floor till it shines like new money and without any Chemicals at all - just plain tap water! So, I know it is clean for about 30 minutes and nothing on the floor to make any of my "furbabies" sick. :)

DH came in about 3 and we fixed a lunch and sat on two little pieces of chairs that we could sit on and had left over veggie soup and cheese sandwiches.  That 30 minute break was wonderful. My counselor and I were talking the other day about how we two felt like this physical body was starting to show signs of wear - but - our spirit inside still thinks it is as good as it ever was and thinks it can do what we always did. Boy, do I know that - but she said that some people do not feel that way????????

I went out the back door to give the doggies some fresh water because I had set the water outside so I would not have a disaster indoors. There is a small flower bed to the right and I put poultry wire around it to keep the critters out - but - on the poultry wire I spotted a big brown bump and of course I had to go investigate !

The picture is not so great because Mr. Toadfrog is Brown and the ground is shades of brown-but he was on the poultry wire and attempting to climb up the wire over to the flower bed. I got so tickled at him , because after I snapped the picture he turned his head away from the camera and tried to poke his nose into the wire. I snapped a few more pictures , but they all turned out blurry. I finally decided I had tortured him enough so I picked him up and sat him over in the bed where nothing could bother him. He was one INSULTED froggie.

Then I came back and started putting the living room back together.I am running out of  energy and for some dumb reason the leg and ankle that I broke 6 years ago is giving me a FIT today. Silly thing - does it not know it is healed and suppose to act right??? DH said that he thinks it is where they are calling for us to have rain tomorrow. If he is right - I sure hope it Quits Hurting! Been there , done that and DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT - EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend. It is beautiful here . ! Be happy and safe and thank you so very much for sharing your time with me! :)

5 comments:

  1. Linda, sounds like you did some deep fall cleaning. I need to do some of that, like cleaning the outside of my windows before it gets too cold.

    The little toad was probably a little camera shy. I always liked frogs and toads as a kid. They seemed exotic to me.

    Glad you have your plants in before it gets cold. I put up our children's play gear and sand box, so I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little brown toads and haven't seen one in a long time. When I was little I used to like to carry them around. The one you saw today was big!

    I was wondering what kind of steaming machine you use on your hardwood floors...I think I would like something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so neat when you realize in blogland that you know people so far away. I have also been decluttering in my house. I think I am just about through. It sure makes it easier to clean without so much stuff. My daughter has one of those steam cleaners and she loves it too. I hope you feel better soon. I hate these aches and pains don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a wonderful globe in America. I must get one here too. Thanks for looking up where I live. It is fun to find out things about friends in other countries. I hope you found out some neat things.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted a globe! Stew and I often see one in a certain mall.. ooo and ahhhh over it and then... walk away! It's so expensive and totally not in the budget. *sigh*
    Yes we are freakin half way round the world away from you.. yet I feel like you are as close as any of my other friends!
    Blogging is weird like that.
    I hope you finally got the lounge done and dusted... and that pesky ankle has settled down again. Maybe it's your "it's gunna rain" ankle! Could be good for telling you when to get the washing in! lol Or NOT.

    ReplyDelete