Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baby Bib Sunday?

What a Beautiful , perfect day! I got up early this morning and went out and did the chores while DH was sleeping. I found out later that the indigestion had got the best of him last night and he had been up several hours trying to just deal with it before he could finally go back to bed. I guess that is what we get for eating fried green tomatoes so late at night? But, there was something strange with those tomatoes ? They were so bitter you could hardly eat them???? We camouflaged their taste with that wonderful crab-apple jelly .It was soooo good! :)



After I had finished up our chores we fixed us some breakfast - we had some sandwiches just because I felt so bad I didn't want to tackle food. Turned out that I had picked up one of those little Debbie cakes as I went out the door this morning ! But, DH had brought them in to throw them away because they were no good. I thought he had brought them in to eat them. ? Boy, YUCK! It took a couple of hours suffering to get those bad boys to digest! UCK!

While I straighten up , he runs over to a neighbor's house to ask him some questions about wiring an electric furnace and gets some advice. Then he comes back and takes the information over to the son's house and they change out the size of the wire that the man we bought it from had said to us. That wire was running hot to touch. They traded out for a heavier gauge and it works like a champ now.

While he was gone , I came in to work on the bib project? For a couple of hours I just looked at bibs - all sizes and colors and shapes - trying to decide What would make the perfect bib? Seemed like the more I researched - the more confused I became and most of the people said you could use their pattern to make your own bib -but not for sale of bibs???? So, I just gave up and started  to draw and ponder?

I started out with a circle drawn from a bowel - cut from a grocery store ad.  : )

.While I was rambling through the filing cabinet, I happened to run across the pattern that I had cut out a few months ago, when the one granddaughter had her baby - Zane. I had looked through EVERYTHING in the sewing room -knowing that I had cut one out  -but just could not find it anywhere? Then there it is -a PINK file -just smiling at me.

I cut out pieces for two bibs and then tackle putting them together in two different ways - just to see how I like the look and how the process of putting it together feels? The one on the left I used my serger and a satin stitch -the one on the right I  - I put right sides together and sewed them together -leaving a opening to turn inside out - then stitched the opening together -and finishing all the way around with a zig-zag stitch???

HELP! I could sure use some insight  ! How about some feedback ? O, I did add Velcro for a closure. You would not think this could be so difficult for me - I had babies -three of them  - and I made bibs back then. But, I sure would appreciate your alls opinions- like how does it strike you, what are properties that you think would be important , ect ??? These two are made from flannel bears and on the back is cotton terry cloth. Tomorrow will be another day - my wee brain has had a work out today and has not figured out what it takes to make the "Perfect Bib"? :)

Hoping that each of you has had a perfect start to our new week! Love to all. :)

4 comments:

  1. Well I love those bibs. I think that you did a wonderful job like you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main thing with bibs is to remember:
    - they need to be easy to get on and off
    - they need to be really absorbent
    - they need to be a decent size
    - they need to be easy to clean

    anything else is just cosmetic!
    You are doing an excellent job making those bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oH! I used to suffer from heartburn something shocking... tell your hubby LOSEC is the very best thing for heartburn. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!! You take one pill a day.. and NEVER EVER get heartburn again. I.PROMISE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could add a little pocket along the bottom to catch the dribbles. If you can find some plastic table cloth material then all you would have to do is wipe them off each time, too, and not have to wash them all the time. Also, strings in the back to tie..I remember having those for my kids.
    You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete