Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday bibs adventure

This was another one of those perfect starts to a new week.  I did morning chores and then we ate sandwiches just to get on with what we each hoped to accomplish  today.

I went out and picked another ice cream bucket of the crab apples . When I brought them in I decided that my back was hurting and would not hold out for  long -so I carried everything in the living room in front of the tv. I found a food channel and watching them helped pass the time of handling each little crab apple. One of the stories was about a young lady and her goat herd and how she had turned it into a cheese plant. It almost made me cry because I had my goats for about 20 years and I had made cheeses also and had a dream. When your dreams die hard - it is a hurtful lesson after you have put your all into it.

It took me an hour just to snip the bottoms and pluck the stems -but finally I had finished. I ended up with 2 pints and a coffee cup full this time. Finally I got my mess cleaned up and headed to the sewing room. I sat down and worked on four more bibs. They are such good projects to practice techniques on. I was having wild thoughts of wondering if a person could have a bib business -so as I worked I tried to strive for perfection - Which - always seems to allude me.

I could not decide about the closures ???? I tried the velcro on 3 of them and then I tried a button on one???? Then I washed all of the four to remove the water soluble stabilizer that was on them,.and see how they held up? The bibs managed to do pretty good -but I also washed one of the burp cloths and the flannel tore loose from the terry cloth and I definitely was not happy about that . It seems that flannel and I are not on good working terms. Remember last Christmas when the flannel that I sewed the guys lounge pants and they tore loose right off the bat.

One thing I do not like is the closures - they do not look tidy like I would wish for. So, I study and then decide to sew the velcro on and then go back over the sides of the velcro with the serger to try to make it look better?

I was a little happier with this one and tried to console myself by saying nothing is perfect. ::::

This one I practiced with putting a button closure on it to see what I thought?

Well, they are made and they are not perfect and I did the best I knew to do and I just am not one hundred percent satisfied
with them..But, I am tired -maybe I will sleep on them and then see what I think.

So love to all !  :)

2 comments:

  1. those sayings on the bibs are SOOOOOOOOOOO...TOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I think they are great!

    Do you still make goat cheese? How about milk or butter from them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable...they will be well used and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete