Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Evening Going Down

It started out as a beautiful Saturday - We ate and I headed to the sewing room while DH headed out to work on the tiny room over our stove. I had the tan fabric that my friend had shared with me so I attempted to finish the pair of slacks I had cut out . I knew that I ALWAYS sewed pants together Wrong - So, this time I was very careful - remember that saying - measure twice - cut once. :) I actually got the two legs sewed together right and that really pleased me-matter of fact all of the sewing went wonderful ,Until - I tried them on before I hemmed them - Only to discover that they were now a mile too big. I could take that as a compliment -OR - disgust that I had muffed another pair of pants. :(

I decided to cut them apart and try again - which I did - and this time they came out very good. I now had hope! : ) I even used the blind hem stitch and it worked great. I should have known that would mean something had to go fishy along the way. :)

I was down to the elastic for the waiste -I got the casing for the waiste in and carefully threaded the elastic through-looking good - I was even being so very careful not to get the elastic twisted. I wrestled with it as I tugged and sweet talked- and then I finally sewed the two end pieces together -making it look very neat this time! I was smiling as I studied it and smoothed it out -ONLY - to discover I had let it get twisted! :( I just could not believe it.

I decided not to waste my time unclipping the thread holding the elastic together - so I cut the elastic and tried this route once again. Ever so carefully and this time when I sewed the two pieces together I was not Quiet so neat. This time I smoothed it all out smooth so I could sew the hole up where I had inserted the elastic -opps??????????????? What did my eyes behold ???????? I could not believe it - Yes, I had sewed them together twisted once again! I decided that it was time to take a break before I hung myself with my elastic!

It was now past lunch-time so I went out to do the chores and check on DH . At least he was making progress because he was not running in and out of the house. I feed all the critters and then drug in a cage that I put the pigeons in to take them back outdoors to their pen so they could eat and drink and stretch their wings. I checked the trap and nothing had touched it. Darn it.

I went around to check on DH and offer to help. We went in the back to where we had stored a sliding glass door a couple of years ago and it was actually still there. This one piece of the sliding door is SOOOOOO Heavy that it takes ALL of our strength to just drag one piece of it onto our little trailer that is only about twelve inches off the ground. I bet this door weighs 300 pounds. I walk back with 3 of our dogs that had traveled back there with us.

DH is very talented at backing that little trailer anywhere and it took us a few minutes of thinking how we could finaggle the trailer as close as he could to make handling that door as little as possible -because it is a man-whipper! We finally did manage to ease it down into the space that awaited it and got it screwed into place. I told DH that I liked it because maybe that would be the place where I could start my garden plants in the Spring??????

Then we went and pulled over one of the doors we had just brought home . DH was talking about cutting it off to make it shorter - but we both realized that it would fit the door on his little hunting space he is still working on. It took us about 45 minutes just to drag it up and install it. These heavy doors are killers~

Next we pulled another one of the doors and set it on blocks so DH took his saw to it and now it will fit on the corner space. Drag and strain and pull and tug . My body is now complaining Loudly! I told DH that I was going to have to quit and he looked so shocked and wanted to know why??? LOL  I wanted to tell him Old Age Itis! LOL I held the doors for the last few screws and then I went and locked the chickens up and then I went and rounded up the pigeons and DH helped me carry them all back into the building and I made sure the trap was still set!

By now I was past exhausted -what ever affect that has on a body that has fibromyalgia and CFS- but I barely had enough strength to make it in the house and curl up in my chair-then realizing I was chilling . I did not think I had the strength to get up and wobble over to the blanket , but when you think you are freezing to death -it is do or die. With blanket in hand I ease back into my chair and 3 of the pups come share the chair with me -which suites me perfectly because they are WARM with body heat.

That is the end of me for the next 2 hours - I cannot move and I am freezing under 3 pups and a very warm blanket. When  this miserable experience wears off - I finally start to warm up , but getting up is so miserable because all of my joints scream in pain-but I tell it to just "get with the program"!

So, now is time to blog and then go to bed . I am hoping a night's sleep and I will awaken to try one more time -the battle of the elastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who would think that anybody would have that kind of relationship with elastic. ?????????????????

Looking for a wonderful new adventure for each of us! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda...
    Why would you chill like that? I hope you are okay!
    I hate making pants too. I need to make some though, and I will try to watch the elastic. I will cut apart a pair of old pants to make my pattern. No store bought pattern for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda..I missed this post, but hope you are feeling better. Sending lots of get well hugs. ((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete