Friday, October 8, 2010

Burp cloths -finally a little progress

Look who was peeking in the back door at me this AM. :) Tommy had followed DH back down the hill where he had gone up to put wood in the stove. :) You just never know where your next adventure will be at here. LOL

I had the white terry and the green flannel and I could not decide which I would prefer for the front. I can't decide because I don't know IF one is more absorbent than the other??? From what I have read -they say the terry????

I also could not decide which way I wanted to finish them??? So, I started out testing the serger and decorative thread.

OK , I like the serger finish-here I have tested with the knife engaged and with the knife not engaged. I think I prefer the knife engaged because it trims off all of thos little tails that escape on the no knife side. :)

Now I was down to the flannel without any design-I have to enliven it up a little , so I pick out a cute design and go to work.

This is the first design-I wish I had placed it down lower - but it is what it is. :)

OK, I am starting to get the hang of these burpers! :) I know I like the feel of this terry compared to the white. Why I always have to make so many test runs to start to show some improvement?????Then the further I go - it seems I get a little more satisfied as I go.

Tomorrow DH is suppose to go over to Emmett and Meagan's and see what he can do about installing it and keeping them warm. Her Dad was suppose to help because he used to install furnaces for a living, but so far he has not showed up.

I think something happened to one of my inspectors???????????? :)

LOL - I think I have just plain wore - them both out. They have to work SO hard to try and keep me straight! LOL

3 comments:

  1. I love your turkey and fur babies!
    Glad you are successful with the burp bibs.
    They will be appreciated! I like the embroideries...esp Mother Approved!
    I pray DH will not have much trouble with the heating system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those inspectors better watch it or they might just get a pink slip. LOL...so cute when they are sleeping. It would feel strange to have a turkey follow you around, but I guess he needs a little love, too.

    I don't have a serger...I guess I have always been intimidated by all the threads!

    Your projects are looking very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I say "Turkey for Thanksgiving" is coming through your door!!! Probably not knowing you.
    And we don't do Thanksgiving here anyway...
    The bibs (you call them burp cloths) look lovely.
    Nothing you make looks ikkk ya know!

    ReplyDelete