Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Meanderings :)

Have you ever just had ONE OF THOSE DAYS? I think it was because I had thought I was going to accomplish SOOOOOO much and then I found myself side-tracked?

First we got up early and went to the feed store. The folks there have Always been so sweet -all of the 30 years we have been going. They treat you like family and we always pick and laugh and have a good time. One of the young ladies came out to smoke her a cigarette and I hopped over to talk to her. She  & I both have had the broken leg and surgery road. We was sharing notes and got onto people and she said a lady had come in earlier and when she waited on her -she hollered - YOU"VE GOT SO FAT!!!!!!!!!!! You could tell it had shocked her and certainly did not bolster her moral any at all. And she is not fat - she is just fluffy like I am and I love her. That is one of the reasons that I have never enjoyed working with the public.

The day was now warming up and it was so perfect . We took a break for lunch and I ate Very slowly because I have been getting chocked here lately and I hate it. You cough and gag until your face turns blue and your eyes turn red . My DH used to have this problem all the time -from where his tract was burned in an explosion where he worked at. It used to scare me to death - and now it is my turn and he worries.

But I ate very slowly and managed to get all of my lunch down . I changed clothes and got ready to go out and felt "Sick" spreading all over me! Now, I don't like Sick - no matter what it is!  But this was a different sick - this is from the chronic fatigue  that buddies up with the fibromyalgia and I HATE them both. So, I struggled out side and found a chair and I just sat down and gave up for a while. You just cannot Whip this hateful critter and I think giving in this time , instead of fighting it -might have worked out better for me. After about a half hour sit - I started my rounds of feeding everybody . DH had unloaded the truck by himself -probably a good thing because we always fuss with each other. LOL - We have learned that we just cannot work together- you just cannot put to bosses in a team together. When we were a little younger he used to tell all his buddies ," all I have to do is brag on her and she can fix anything!" :)

I was moving about the speed of a turtle , but I finally got it all accomplished and walked up the hill to visit with DH for a few moments . He had broken a part on his new tractor (new to us) . I told him he was having my luck too. I was having some of the strangest days-trying to figure out money problems and yet searching for answers that I cannot seem to find. It really takes it out of me - but I know everybody has problems.

When I turned into the sewing room , this was what greeted me. I had forgot to put the ironing board up last night and Miss Rosie was having a heyday! She Loves the ironing board, although she has fallen off of it numerous times when she gets too carried away.  :)

But, I think Miss Rosie is soo pretty -not so sweet! But, pretty works for me because she always lifts my spirits.

I must have been tired last night because I not only left the ironing board up - I had left the bibs out on it. I was so grateful that Rosie had only knocked one off, plus as I studied each one for hairs - I could not help but think that they looked SO much better than they did last night?

As Mocha says, "Dog-gone it"! They looked almost good. See, my inspectors really do help to keep me straight. :)

I have a most - wonderful e-buddie -we like to think we are virtual sisters and here lately she had sent me a "gift box" and inside it was KNIT fabrics ! Woo woo woo woo! Just my favorite fabric in all the world! I had just washed them and decided that I needed some slacks . I had a new pattern that I wanted to try anyway and here was the perfect opportunity!

So, I carefully laid it all out and cut out the pieces . The knit is the same color as the pattern paper , so it does not show up in the picture -but this is the pattern I am using.

While I was working on cutting the project out - DH had come into the sewing room and we got to talking about the serger doing wonky things. He is one of those people that just can't stand to get anything fixed. SO I gave him a chair and showed him how the stitches were supposed to look and set him free on it. It bucked and kicked in protest -but just a short while later he had it acting like a serger should act! I sure hope it stays that way! That is one thing nice about my serger -it does not have fancy bells and whistles that I would never use , but just down to earth practicality. No electronic eye - OR - computer chips to speak french to you . Just plain honest work! :)

Now, that number one project is cut out -here is what is next on my list. Don't you just hate when you get fabric and throw it into the washer and dryer to pre-shrink it - and then it goes and marries the other fabric!
But , I am too pooped to carry on - so I am just going to call it a day and look forward to tomorrow? Tomorrow ????? See what I mean about the days getting away from me-seems like I am always looking forward to a new day and by George -that is what I get a new day and a new day OLDER!! WONDER ??? If that means Wiser?????? Nawwww- probably not because I still keep looking ??????

Love to all and many wonderful new projects! :)

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy
    I just love your Miss Rosey and isn't it great when things look much better in the morning. It's like the angels have come in and fixed it up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you feel tired Linda. You seem to be on the go all day long. I have had a day like you today. Go go go and don't seem to get anywhere.
    Never mind as you say there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should just have a couple of rest days where you can sit and read and let your body rest...just pamper yourself.

    I have a little kitty, too, and he makes me smile every day. I am glad yours does that for you, too.

    And, I have to say, you had me laughing with the picture of the tangled up fabrics, lol,,,I hate it when they decide to get married, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - I so enjoy your blog! It is like reading a little story every day!

    ReplyDelete