Friday, October 15, 2010

A Friday Adventure :)

O My! I am SOOOO Tired I want to drop (hopefully in bed) We have been on the move all day long - maybe that is why we have 24 hours in a day. If they were like roll-over minutes we would never get to stop. I used to say IF I did not have to eat or sleep - I would be able to accomplish sooo much more and if I did not have to eat - that would save some money -so I could buy more sewing supplies . :)

I had a piece of chocolate cake for breakfast this morning -LOL - I finally got old enough to get to do that . LOL And it sure stuck with me because we did not eat again until about 5pm? I went out and did the chores and loaded some critters for a local pet store. That took about 5 hours to accomplish all of that . We took the truck this time to get gas for it that DH syphones from the truck into his four wheeler and lawn mower and chainsaws . We stopped at a local door and window place because when they replace these items for someone that bring the used ones back to their store and anybody that sees anything they want is welcome to help yourself because that helps save them on disposal fees.

We did find 4 good glass doors , which we loaded up. Two of them were Really heavy and my back is complaining -but I am so thrilled to accomplish this that I tell it to SHUT UP! I don't want to hear it complaining! We made it home and while I was changing back into work outdoors clothes -DH- unloaded those doors by himself. I keep fussing at him to not over do because we cannot afford to get hurt , between money and needing both of us to keep our ship afloat!

He has been working so hard on setting up our outdoor woodstove because he moved it . This time he has placed this monster right in front of my critter house. He hopes it will help keep the stove warmer - so it will not have to take as much wood to keep it burning ,we hope-that is the goal anyway. I almost fell over when I mentioned that we could go to the door & window place and get these glass doors to help put more light in the building -plus - it would fill in the walls that he is trying to build around it. He Actually said he liked my idea! I declare , I almost fell over backwards because he is such a control person . :)

By the time we accomplished this I had told him I would help him move one of his tree-stands that he is using now for deer season. I took our two shelties with us and we went way back in the woods. The colors were SOOOOO beautiful - I kept kicking myself for not taking my camera! The dogs were almost the same colors as the woodland foilage. They had such a good time just enjoying nature.It SMELLED so FALL! :)

The tree stand wanted to be stubborn and it took a little fignaggering to make it behave itself.  All  this pushing and pulling and up and downing - Let's just say I hope I can get out of bed in the morning without needing a crane! :)

We did get hit again last night by the "murderer". This time it only got one pigeon -I would prefer NONE ! DH took the body and has placed it inside the live trap for tonight because we had put canned chicken in there last night and it did not touch that?????

Then I caught all of the 21 birds left and put them in a cage and carried them into the bird house . They were very unhappy in such cramped space. Many years ago DH had started me one last run for the birds -but he had never completed it . Tonight I was looking at it and went to pulling parts in there to see if I could finish the job and move the pigeons in there for the night! I could hardly believe my luck when DH took over and finished the job! He did say he hated it because we had used a bunch of junk and it looked -not as nice as the other runs in the room - but SHOOT - I can use it and that means the world to me!

The pigeons were so funny - each one was soooo disgusted as I plucked them out of the little cage and put them on perches in their own space. Fuss, O - my goodness! But , at least I hope they are all safe tonight. I am hoping what ever that is -will go in the cage tonight so we can finally see what in the world it is ??? I still say mink and he still says opposum ?????? I would just like to satisfy my curiosity!

Needless to say , after being on the move all day long I am so pooped . My body is so tired that it is just pulsing with "TIREDNESS".  I did visit a friend's blog and when she mentioned she was making the sausage pillowcases I just had to share because I made them a couple years ago for my family. I want to make some more and if you would like to see them she had pictures you can check out at: http://quiltflower.blogspot.com/  The pictures are soooo pretty! Plus she has some recipes I would love to try!  Isn't it nice just to be able to pop in and visit with friends! :)

O, and while you are visiting -pop over to Maria's blog and check out her "quilt hanging"! My only regret was that I could not be there! :) http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com/

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend ! Thank you for letting me visit with you! :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a MURDERER??? OOOO I hope you catch him!
    What critters do you take to the Pet Shop?
    Do you sell them???
    You sure had a busy day... I hope you found the crane to get you into bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..I sure hope you catch the culprit. You will have to let us all know what it was.

    I hope you got a good night of sleep and are full of good energy to start the new day!

    ReplyDelete