Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hump-day sneaks in again.

We had another beautiful day-lots of sunshine and perfect temperatures. After doing my morning chores and getting breakfast out of the way I went outside to pick another bucket of crab apples -while DH worked on the pump at the pond,it gets clogged up from "gunk".

I had gotten my bucket 3/4 full when as I looked down ,searching for those little red treasures I had let go of a little limb and it whammed me right in my right eye. O MAN - it hurt sooooo bad. It took my breath and it was all I could do to just hang onto the tree to keep me from hitting the ground. It really scared me too, because my eyes are so important to me. After a few minutes , I calmed down and wondered if I had killed my eyeball , but I did not feel any blood -just plenty of tears flooding my cheeks , so I closed that eye and searched with the good eye to find enough crab apples to finish my bucket.

I headed into the house and gathered my utinsels to work up the little crabbey apples - OR- maybe that was me that was crabby by now???? :)  I did manage to get them all worked up and in a pot and on the stove with the one eye and the tears were starting to slow down now , so I knew that was a good sign -but it sure made me think Of Mickie and the luck she has had over the last year.   : ) OF course one of my buddies always told me that I was just an accident waiting to happen.

I did manage to get the apples cooked and strained , but the final part had to wait because I had a counseling session. When you have the most wonderful counselor in the whole entire world -it is a gift that I do not take for granted . I have a very dear friend that always told me that I have a "different way of looking at things " from other people -and that is the way I feel about my counselor -she shines a light into the dark and confusing world of challenges that we all face each day.

After we left there we swung by our yougest son's house because I had fixed the crab apple jelly yesterday and had two jars not seal - so I shared it with them. They were the ones that bought me the sugar anyway - so I told him that they gave me white sugar and I brought him red sugar . He was so curious that he went to unwrapping the jar to see what I was talking about. LOL

DH asked him how the new electric furnace is working and they said great! Now, if we can all figure out how to pay the bill -since Emmett still cannot work because of his back. I wish there were ways to help young people when accidents like this happen.

By then dark was coming on so we boogied toward the house and I could not help but notice all of the beautiful Fall colors now. Mother Nature is really showing herself! When we got home I ran up and locked the chickens up and gave fresh water to the guinea pigs and fresh apples that I had picked for them. I took the cooked crab apples to  one of the pens of chicken and they loved that.

We had our supper of pinto beans and cornbread and onions and I fixed DH a chocolate cake . Trouble was that I was the one to take a piece and it gave me the indigestion. :(  I told DH that tomorrow should be a perfect day for us both as there is no running on our calandar and I hope nothing side-tracks either of us. I have high hopes of doing morning chores and feeding us and cleaning up the mess and running the vacuumn and a couple loads of clothes and HIDIING in the sewing room  -where as DH hopes to go deer hunting ? We will see how it all turns out. :)

I pray that all of my blog family is healthy and happy and that no body else sticks a "TREE" in their eye! LOL

4 comments:

  1. I wear sunglasses when outside, my eyes are quite sensitive to the sunlight being blue ... one of the pitfalls of having lovely blue eyes!... BUT it means I NEVER poke myself in the eye with a tree! You should be careful chick.. trees WILL PROTECT themselves from silly humans eh?
    I hope your eye is ok now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your eye is alright Linda. You still mangaed to get your chores done and visit your son.
    Hope all goes well for you both tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eye accident could sure be serious. Hope you are okay now!
    I hope you have a QUITE and lovely day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear..do you think you should have your eye checked? It sounds like you whacked it really hard. It made my eyeball hurt just reading your story. I hope it is feeling better by now and you don't have any residual pain.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete