Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wild and Wonderful West Virginia

Hello one and all

     Today we made the trip to West VA. to check on DH's sister who had the heart cath. earlier in the week. Her husband  is the one that had the heart surgery recently also. We took 3 of our furbabies with us because they are kind enough that they let us bring them. I am so amazed that their little chihuahua acts so sweet when the 3 musketeers invade her home. By the end of the day she was acting almost like she enjoyed the other "dog company" except for them stealing from her food bowl . :)While we were there I managed to snap some pictures of their beautiful flowers. They live in a rural area and their home is so beautiful . This is the same family that created the beautiful bird houses that I have posted before. Matter of fact we have a family of birds that have 3 babies in the nest and they spend most of their time hollering to Mom and Pop that they are starving . lol

This is one of the first flowers as you come off of their back porch and I dearly love it because it is BLUE! There just are not many Blue flowers that I know of -so I really treasure this one.

Next on my "walk about" was this lovely daylilly. You know , I don't ever remember seeing these flowers when I was little , but it seems like now they are everywhere and I think they are so neat. They have some even more beautiful as I go along with our furbabies.

Now, just check this one out ! I think this may be one of my favorites! I totally love this one!

This is one of their balloon flowers and it is also a blue flower! They are the only family I know that own TWO types of blue flowers! I just LOVE them. :)

And for the ones that love YELLOW - be still my beating heart! :)

O yes - check out this little beauty! Isn't it drop dead gorgeous???????????????????????????????

Each one so beautiful and so perfect!

This is our precious , Dixie Doodles relaxing on their beautiful lawn. It was just the perfect place for a perfect picture of a perfect little sheltie. Sounds like a perfect day , doesn't it???? The temperature was only 73 and their was a pleasant breeze blowing .

OK, here is the rest of the crew-Little Bear in the back and Mr. Snowball up front and their beautiful lawn that looks like green velvet.

This is one of their birdhouses . He is the one that made our fantastic yellow birdhouse that now has babies in it.

AAAHHH! This one does it better justice - I did not cut the top off in this one. .

Check out this monstrous hosta!It's leaves are huge and I love the way the green leaves are trimmed in yellow

I Love this pink yarrow that they got summer before last. I got one too , but mine did not survive the Winter!

This is a dam that we pass going to their house. I think it is called Bluestone , but don't hold me to that. It is certainly bigger than anything we have over here .

So, I would say that this was a beautiful day - full of beauty! Hope you had fun on the ride too! :)But I am so glad to return home! I took motion sickness pill when we left this morning , but it started to wear off as we traveled home. So, my body is so glad to be home on solid ground hoping for my stomach to quit giving me grief! UCK! I HATE motion sickness! :(

Good night to one and all and hope you had a wonerful day also!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely visit Linda, I think I enjoyed going along as much as you did, was it worth the nausea to see that gorgeous garden?

    ReplyDelete