Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday with rain falling.

How about that ? After our fields looking like they are all burnt up and the temperatures being in the 90's-we had rain start here on Sunday night with a slow easy trinkle of of rain and it has gone on like this ever since. Our garden and flowers really appreciate it. It is not a drenching rain and when I pull greens for the guinea pigs , the layer of dirt under the top layer is still bone dry. That amazes me.

I am sorry I did not post yesterday , but I was just too pooped after I did my Monday chores and went to town and came back.I still am not quiet up to par , but I am hoping that by doing something more simple - Like trying to figure out what kind of design I can use on my pants project and kind of hoping I can figure out how to link a shirt with the pants????

As I have complained about before- design hunting can be daunting!Up till now I have had really good luck because when I am searching for a design with a particular person in mind - a lot of the time I will run across other designs that suit somebody else in the family and that really helps. I am disappointed in how hard it is sometimes and here lately I wish I knew how to digitize my own designs? But between my brain and money - well , you know how it is.:)

I have decided to make one set of slacks and a long sleeve top - AND- one set of shorts and a short sleeve top . So here I am taking my short sleeve pattern and drawing it out to become a long sleeve version.

I heard the most angry sound of thunder and I stepped out on the porch to see where it was coming from and I snapped this picture of DH playing with his tractor and a few of my plants on the porch. :)

Even Mr. Snowball did not like the sound of that storm. So, we headed back into the sewing room.:)

O RATS! Can you tell that the snaky, wormy or eel  part of the design has not sewn completely! Times like this I want to shoot it. So, I took my needle and thread and started to fill in the design.Sure makes me think of Chris from Diet Coke Rocks -when she told me to use a thimble!!!!

Here is what my needle and thread turned it in to. I think it will pass.  That is my accomplishment for the day..I hope everyone is safe and happy and had a wonderful day. :)

3 comments:

  1. Everytime I come here you inspire me. I loved seeing your hubby on the tractor. What is it with men and their tractors? Boys at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are still busy sewing up a storm Linda.
    Your worm looks good now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee.. nice to know you think of me sometimes!
    Even though I am right on the other side of the world!
    Love that wee fishy design, I love anythign nautical!
    Looks like your Hubby like to collect cars! And that tractor... needs painting...BLUE is a lovely colour! LOl

    ReplyDelete