Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday PJ's

Hello, hello!
What a truly beautiful day this has been. First DH had to go to the cancer doctor for a four month shot and for them to do bloodwork. It turned out his psa's had come down half-way and that is good news. The bad news is that the radiation did not kill it -per say- He thinks there was a few cancer cells outside of the prostate and they are attempting to do something?He is going to let it ride four months and IF the numbers go up again then he will have to have a scan to see if anything is growing?So, he got his four month shot and we went out and walked around their grounds. This always helps him not to get sore.

Then we were off on our way to the mill to get critter food and some whole wheat flour that they grind themselves . I enjoy knowing that it is so fresh.Everybody at the mill is always so nice. It was so warm and DH's truck does not have air-so we both looked like wilted lettuce. LOL  We changed our clothes and fixed a couple of tomato sandwichs and sat and ate them and cooled off. Humm/ Yummy !

It is now 97 and we go back outdoors to unload the truck and make sure every body has water. In this heat that would be a disaster. Seemed like everybody was doing better than we two humans are. :)





Came in and took a shower and finally back to my pj's - seems like it is always so hard to do these pj's ??? But I am undeterred - I collect all the pieces of the fabric puzzle to make sure I have not lost any in all the moving them around. First I start at the shoulders and when I reach for the camera - ! You would know it- my camera is dead , again! For some reason this camera has started eating batteries????? Thank goodness I have another set and I will try AGAIN!



I am attempting to experiment with this neckband. A couple of the shirts I have made and the neckband from the pattern just made it a little too wide and thus - uncomfortable around my neck? Of course with my fibormyalgia it takes spells of anything touching my body can cause pain. For a couple of years when I had to pick out new glasses and I would tell the people that I wanted a pair of glasses that were the lightest weight they they had. They always looked at me like I was crazy. But in my experience anything that touched around my temples and cheek bones and across the bridge of my nose - CAUSED PAIN!

Finally the last pair that I got was the  kind that has the lightweight frame barely attached to the glass eye part. Hallelujah! Now , I need a new pair and that is 400.00 and they will just have to wait. So, that is why I want to see IF making the neckband more slender - if it would make any difference???? I have definitely cut the band a wee bit too skinny-but I will go ahead and see? HUMMM? It definitely gives the neck a different affect - come to think of it I have seen this kind of band in the stores??? Of course after I iron it to set the stitches it will look a whole lot better. :)

Now , up and on to the sleeves.From now on -things seem to try to co-operate with me! :) I even got brave with the elastic. Before I had made a casing and ran the elastic through it. But it has a tenancy to bunch up at times.That is one thing that I do to help me learn more -when I have a little time to experiment I will attempt something that I am not good at -so I can learn ?

Hummm? A new set of pj's , first in several years? This fabric is so funny - wish I knew its history. It is VERY stretchy and also very soft. But the Weight of the fabric lets it feel like it has more weight than it has?? Very confusing?? I am curious IF when I go to bed -IF it will attempt to wrap around me and not behave itself??

I am not really pleased with the design?? But at least it is a cat - so I should be pleased. I knew I could not use a design that was covered heavily with a dense stitch . That would have made the fabric really misbehave. Been there - done that! Lived and learned a little something??? :)

So much for my beautiful -very warm day. Had a wonderful day and have something from sewing that makes me content inside. I have this FASCINATION with fabrics ? I would love to know all about how it is made and where it is manufactured and the history it has seen? So much to learn - so little time to learn it in? :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a weird tart! I don't give a diddly squat where, how fabric is made, it's history, just as long as it's available to buy! LOL

    Those jammies are lovely, they looks so soft and warm.
    I wear a nightie ...like a long knee length t-shirt. Very comfy.

    ONe day I might even try making one! Only.. I would applique' a DOG on the front! I don't really like cats, did you know that?

    I hope your hubby's going to be OK? What a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sewing granny,
    My father was diagnosed with Prostrate cancer at least 10 years ago and has had the shots you are talking about. It is a very successful treatment for him and I hope it does the same for your husband. He is regularly monitored for the PSA levels.
    Your pj'a are really lovely- It sounds like you had fun making them.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete