Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Very Warm Weds.

It was a VERY WARM day - but still beautiful - and I am so blessed to be able to enjoy all of our blessings.
This is the PJ pattern that I am attempting to succeed at. I have had this pattern for a few years now and when i first got it from a used bin at a country fabric store and came home and and with Lynne's help cut it out and found out that the XL definitely was TOO big-which was a nice surprise.:) Then I moved down in the sizes and learned that -in this pattern -since it was an oversized pattern - that the small fit me perfectly! ME - A Size Small!!! I have not be a small since I was in high school! LOL So- that was a lot of fun! I decided then that I loved this pattern and went ahead and cut out the design using cheap dollar a yard fabric -and kept that as my pattern because I would have wore it out by now! :)

When I went to cutting out this pattern my electric Skil - Power Cutter (DH had got this for me 2 Christmases ago) IT is wonderful for cutting out straight lines and I was attempting to cut off a section that was big enough for the top -that way I was not fighting with the rest of the roll of fabric. It was a VERY stretchy fabric -kinda like keeping up with a fat snake. LOL I should have known that was a warning. LOL

Now that I had the length of fabric that I needed I laid out all the different sizes so I could determine which one to use. Plus, the pattern in the back is a pants pattern that you only cut out 2 pieces of fabric to make your pants. They seem so funny to me .

Well, I finally got the pieces cut out and then after fighting with life to locate a design??? That really threw me for a loop for a while. That is another thing that I am learning with help from the blog- Just because I do not have an interesting picture to post - does not mean that I have not been wrestling with sewing dilemmas. It does take a while to figure out and organize and complete a project. Before I had the information in front of my eyes - I would ponder what in the world was wrong with me - why was I not making progress?? I did not know that I REALLY was - but that - "it was a work in progress" ???? LOL   Does your blogs help you too - kinda like having a magic ball  -but we have a "magic box" ???? :)

I thought I was really moving along - until my next Dilemma was fighting with my embroidery machine ! This was another one of those projects where is was going to be a disaster -due to the thread being cut by the machine about every 3 minutes! THAT was the reason I took it to the shop last year - and it still does it when it takes a notion to !Makes me want to pull my hair out! No matter how much I "sweet talk"it - it just will not co-operate! It is hard to believe that a machine as new as this one could cause so much trouble and heart-ache. It reminds me of raising my children - perfect little angels! But once they hit teenage! Watch out! You wonder who took over their bodies????????? The same goes for this machine! LOL!

I am sure there is a lesson in all of this???Stubborn ole gal fights with stubborn newer machine????? They say everything happens for a reason?? HUMMM? I know the reason that I embroider is because I LOVE to create - but the reason why my machine misbehaves still has me guessing and searching for answers.

I know that Chris from Diet Coke Rocks has had a few battles with her machine too. And she has had hers to be worked on too  - and it has not always been a perfect ending for her too! Maybe I should check in with her to see what she thinks she has learned????

I am dreaming when I envision that the companies who make these machines should have a branch of their company that keeps an eye out for bad machines causing heart ache and ruining their reputation . They should take pity on all of US and arrange for a new machine to save the day for all of us! LOL
Can you tell I love happy dreams??????????????????????????????????????????
love to all!
the granny :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... what did I learn from having the sewing machine from HELL? That it weighs about 5 kilos and would make a really BIG hole in their shop window if I were to throw it through it!

    And... once a lemon, always a lemon.

    My lemon is going quite well right now... but I just know it will play up again.... that window is NOT SAFE YET! lol

    ReplyDelete