Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Beautiful Friday

It is up to 79degrees after a cool 60 degrees last night. I had to actually hunt extra covers last night??Even my pups had to get under the covers and sleep tight. I really died last night though , after finding the blanket that I had rolled to the side I fell back to sleep and did not wake up till 10:39!

This is in memory of another one of my beloved "furbabies". He passed away last night after 13 years of happy times.He was truly a "love-bug" -he loved everybody and was always glad to see anybody come! He had a soft gentle bark and my oldest son called him the "Self-Pet" dog. That was because after everybody would pet him and sit down to talk he would run his nose up under anybody's hand and walk ever so softly and let their hand drift down over his body.Shelties are every so sweet and good with children. I would highly recommend his breed to anybody who is looking for a soft and gentle spirit. Mine was already named Mac when I got him where he was tied to a tree--but that was the last time he has ever been tied. It is just like losing a member of your family because I have had one of those"IF only I would have done this  - or that differently. I cannot say enough about him, but I know all of you animal lovers know exactly what I am speaking of. I LOVE you Mac!

OK, time to move on because these tears keep getting in my way. Back to work on the shirt I had already started a couple days ago. I now have all the pieces ready to assemble.


Here are all my pieces of the puzzle -the front has an embroidery design on it-the back piece is in the back of the picture and the sleeves and the neckband laying to the left . So, I am all ready to put my puzzle together. Plus, this is a very thin knit and it is not too stretchy like some I have played with.


Here I have sewn the neckband on and I am getting ready to sew on the sleeves. That white thing is the sleeve pieces and the Soil Control fabric that I get in the garden center . It is suppose to hold back dirt -yet let water flow through. But for my purpose it just "holds the shape of the piece of pattern " that I am working on. I really enjoy using it because it folds down to almost nothing and also holds the pattern pieces wonderfully! See, you never know where a visit to the garden will take you. :)

Here it is all sewn together and ready to be ironed to set the stitches.

I really need to learn to take better pictures, but you can get the jest of the project.

Trying to capture this which says: Grandmas are just Moms with lots of Practice! LOL Now that My daughter in law has grandbabies of her own it is a very strange experience when I hear her grandbabies calling her Grandma or my son being called pap-paw????? This is as confusing as when my 3 children flew the nest and I would be in the grocery store and some child would holler Mom and I bet a dozen of us would turn to look! LOL    Then I turned into Grandmaw and no body else had that "title" up until now . So, now when someone says Grandmaw I turn to answer the call , but this time It falls on my daughter-in-law. They say history repeats itself and I really can see this in my own life.

There are so many times in life that I have questioned what my purpose in life was to be? I think we are each searching for that little tidbit of knowledge . Part of it we figure out, like we are each under our Father's hand. But the other parts can be so tricky and also through the years seem to transition as we move along. All of us moving in the same direction -just at different speeds- as we tackle our lessons.One of the main lessons I keep working on is the lesson of Love. Love comes in all shapes and forms  and completely baffles me at times. I have sure fallen and skint my knees along the way-but I keep getting up and attempting to do the best I know with what knowledge I have studied.I am still studying and striving as we move along.There certainly is a lot of mystery in the pieces of this puzzle.

Love to all today! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you saddness. I'm sure Mac is chasing "Sky rabbits" and having a good time with his doggy angel friends. Take care.
    Hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sad about Mac passing... but I am sure he had a wonderful life with you!
    That shirt is LOUD! But nice.
    When a kid calls 'Mum' when we are out I pretend I'd deaf! lol

    ReplyDelete