Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy, Happy, Happy , Happy -Fourth of July :)

Another Beautiful day!I have been piddling around the house , attempting to catch up with those little things that drive you nuts and thinking, "If only"!

The weather is so perfect . Out in the sun it is 91 and very warm, but if you are in the shade -very nice. I bet all of the plants are soaking up vitamin D. LOL - that is IF they need it like we do??? LOL I had intended to sew-you know how those "Best Laid Plans" are??????? I actually made it in the sewing room and decided that I wanted a new pair of PJ's. My pair is getting pretty thread bear after 5 years of nightly use. :) But! they are soooooo comfortable!

Something is making my blog not co-operate with me and before it closes on me I am going to say bye and Happy Fourth of July!

Just thought you might enjoy an update? I had gone to the living room to have some nice cold tea. As I was sitting there I noticed that there was some critter hairs flying through the air so I got up to get the vacuum and was chasing the ones at the door , then working my way back to the end of the living room -WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN - it looked like a flash floor spilling across our beautiful hardwood floors that DH had installed a couple of years ago. ! I was stunned - I didn't know what to do first because I could not figure out where it was coming from. So, I ran for the scrap towels that I have just for such disasters so I took off only to remember I had moved the crate they were in -which made DH come to see what was going on!

We determined that it was coming from one of the aquariums-no - we do not have 5 gallon tanks -we have 50 gallon tanks - soooo LOTS of water.I threw down a bunch of towels to contain the flood while DH grabbed the aquarium hose that I use to clean tanks - but he did not know it would not reach the front door! I ran out the front door -down the steps - around the house -through the gate to the side of the house where our regular water hose was and unscrewed it. Then I throwed it up to the porch and had it fall back on me and almost break my glasses! That would not have made me a Happy Camper at all. After several trys I finally got it up there and I took off back around the house -up the steps -to the aquarium and poked it in the tank and asked DH to hold it while I got it siphoning . I ran back out the door -down the steps -so that would give me some "fall" to help the flow. I thought I was going to siphon my poor lungs out !But, finally I had success! Yea. So, back in the house and DH tells me to take the filter out of my wet/dry vacuum and such up some water. I asked him why - the hose was running ? To which he replyed - it fell out of the tank. (Can you imagine how I wanted to throttle him after all of my hard effort. ) Well, no time for fusses now.Needless to say we eventually got it all up and DH says it was coming from the aquarium. SO , I guess we will have to get some silicon to patch it after we see the fireworks tonight. I certainly HOPE there is NO more excitement . This has been too much for me.

1 comment: