Monday, October 10, 2011

First shirt is being "birthed".

You know how it is when a Mother - "birth's " her baby - with much  trial and struggle-well that is how this project has treated me. This was one project that I decided to add more than one design to. This shirt is a xxxl - so I knew I would have room to play with. I picked out these koi designs because I love them so much .

I was proud of myself because I had learned how to download a design and how to change its measurements -then how to transfer it to the embroidery machine .(Yep- the same one that I am always "WARING WITH" . It started out behaving itself but along the way it would be mean to me - just to get more attention - and we all know that I am getting fairly good with a screwdriver. )

These designs are really much prettier in real life than they are in the picture. You know how something you would not plan can lead to something interesting ?? Well this sneaky little design changed the entire look of this shirt. Can you see that tiny little red spot there at the bottom of the whisker(yes- koi do have whiskers)  I had completed the fish and was working my way around the back of it - cutting off the stabilizer, and I breathed when I should not have and "SNIP" -yep cut a tiny hole in the fabric - Which is the FRONT of the shirt ! After having a heart-break moment I started to ponder. This shirt was not going to get tossed in the trash after all this effort-NOT!  I took a needle and thread and started to darn it with tiny little stitches in blue - and then I was not satisfied! So, I rummaged through my treasures and found some little tiny seed beads that I had used to make rooster pincushions -for their combs. First I tried my sewing needle and it was too large- but in rummaging through the beads I found the "beading needles" that I had used with them. So I loaded it up and proceeded to add the shiny red trim as accent for the whiskers and fins. OK- now that I had started on this journey -how was I going to tie all three fish together????

 I sat and studied for a few minutes and then pulled  out 3 larger beads for their eyeballs - so now all of them have something in common  and I really like the shirt now.Isn't it funny how a disaster can turn into a learning experience and turn into something good. My only regret is that I could not have snipped the one that is in the bag for me later.

I had to laugh as I was putting the hem in the bottom and sleeves. It seemed the more I sewed the more cat hair I discovered that I was picking off. I finally stopped and looked at Miss Rosie and told her that while I had been gone - I could have sworn that she unzipped the plastic bag it was stored in and doused it with her kittie  hairs!

I am really disgusted that these pictures do this project no justice! In real life the fish are beautiful with their "beadie" (in more ways than one !)  little eyes just shining ! LOL  And that tiny spot you see on the top there is not a stain - it is a drop of water from the iron.

I gotta hop to bed - gotta get up 5am to take DH to the hospital for a bunch of tests. I am so hoping it is good news and not bad.
Love to all !

No comments:

Post a Comment