Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Too Much Life In Our Day?????

Today was one of those days when you have more to tackle than you can stuff into one day. We went to Hospital #1 to get DH a shot to have a bone scan later. (you have to wait ) Next we went to Hospital @ 2 to draw my blood for tests. We stopped for gas and that took almost 50.00 for one tank of gas!  I get tired of thinking :Gas or Food    OR  Gas or medicine???? I am definitely living in the wrong generation.

Stopped and picked up a part to fix our water hose which had burst. Back to Hospital #1 and wait and wait and go have the bone scan . I sit near him for moral support and that takes at least 30 minutes.

Leave there and go to the drugstore to pick up DH's medicine that he takes for his cancer. He was upset because the drugstore had faxed the doctor last week because the refill had run out and the doctor had not responded until today?

Then we head back to the second town -again - and stop at a craft store because I am looking for the crystals that you put in the neckerchiefs that people wear around their neck in the heat to help cool them off. I want to make my oldest son one of them because he works construction -plus, DH would enjoy one when he is working outdoors with his tractor.I ask an employee and he takes me back to where he thinks he has just stocked them -but they are pretty rocks and some kind of liquid gel. So, I strike out .

Next we head to the third town where I get to see my counselor , whom I dearly love . Being with her is like a vacation for an hour. Since I do not bawl my entire hour  - we actually get to talk some and that is helping so much. That crying was the pits.

We both are hungry by now and we stop at a grocery store and pick up a bag of grapes to tie over the hunger. On our way home there is a big tanker truck that was hauling liquid manure and he had ran out of the road and when he came back on the road it shot out of control and rolled across the road into a yard right beside the river. Not a good thing because now the load of manure is spilling all over the yard and the trucker had just filled up his gas tank and that is also spilling all over the place -heading toward the river. One of the men runs to a neighbor and they grab bales of hay and form a corral -hoping to hold it from getting into the river.

We make it through the traffic and head for home. As we pull into the driveway my cell phone rings and it is one of my oldest and dearest friends. She tells me that she had just buried one of her children and my heart just breaks for her. She is one of those gals who was just Born to be a Mother - so you know how devastating this is.She told me that she had always believed that the children are suppose to be the ones to bury parents - not the other way around. Her son was only 42 and had a massive heart attack while in the drug store and they could not revive him.

Then I make it in the house and check the answer machine to find out that a check I had written last month at a fabric store had been returned as an invalid account????????????????? By now I want to bounce around on my head. I had this problem one time before and I wanted to just strangle the forces that be. Now I will have to find a way to prove that I am who I am , ect. ect.

I manage to dash out and do all the evening chores and even get my walk completed. As I walk I cannot help but think of the pain my friend is enduring and it just breaks my heart for her.

As I head for the house I stop and check my bag of scrap clothes and discover that I have used all of the skirts and there is only one pair of slacks left, so I bring them in - hoping that I can rip them and sew them together and have a piece big enough for another pillow. We will see how that turns out.

This red rose is one that I dearly love and I have found some interesting information that I think will endure my rose to me Even more. You can dry the petals - especially the outter ones and make rose water from them and use it for several things. I found this information to share with you.;;;;;

hings You'll Need

  • One cup of water
  • 10 dried rosebuds
  • Glass pot
  • Stove-top
  • Small strainer
  • Clean container and lid
  • Eyedropper
    • 1
      Place a glass pot onto a stove-top at high heat and pour in one cup of water. Cover the pot as the water heats.
    • 2
      Bring the water to a rolling boil then lower the heat to medium and uncover the pot.
    • 3
      Add 10 dried rosebuds into the boiling water and let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes -- until half of the water has evaporated. You can harvest and dry your own rosebuds or purchase them from an organic grocer.
    • 4
      Pour the rosewater through a strainer or cheesecloth  into a small, clean container and store in the refrigerator. Allow to cool before you use it.
    • 5
      Use an eyedropper to flush your eyes with the rosewater.

      Plus, you can put it in a spray  bottle  & use to spritz yourself.
      Use it to balance oily skin
      Use to rinse hair
      Add to bath water to relax from stress
      Teeth - cotton swab soaked in rosewater can be used to relieve gums. Helps to relieve gums in pain and strengthen loose teeth.
      Apply cold compress for 45 minutes to relieve  headaches.

      I  want to use it for my eyes because I had read that rose water and a bit of lime is a natural cure for astigmatism , which I have. And after a day like this which will leak into my tomorrow as I try to figure out how to fix a bad - good check. I think I need to fix my rose water and take a bath in it from head to toe!  LOL

      Love to all! 

1 comment:

  1. PHEW !!! Linda I am exhusted just reading your post.
    So sorry to hear of your friens loss.

    ReplyDelete