Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time Conflicts????????

This was the Main room of the quilt shop. You enter through those front doors and then all of this excitement rushes your senses! Those are quilts hanging from the walls, and bolts of fabrics on both sides of the room. When they participate in these quilt ralleys a crowd descends on this nice shop and it gets hard to move around.But it is so much fun-you never know who you might bump into - and then you get to meet a lot of wonderful folks. To me it is like having a mini vacation with a bud .

It has been another beautiful day today and I worked out doors most of the day. I finally came in the house all hot and dirty - just in time to fix DH something to eat. He is not feeling up to snuff today. I fixed him a venison burger while I had a salad fresh from the garden and a banana for dessert for both of us - Or- as he calls them , Monkey Food! LOL

By the time we ate and I cleaned up here it is almost dark and a thunder storm descends upon us. The garden really appreciates it . We sit talking and I told him something had happened to my "Sewing Time"? I explained that by the time I  worked outdoors and do the house stuff it is always late afternoon????? The only thing I can figure is that I am just working outdoors when I would be sewing - normally????? He agreed with me. I don't like it one little bit either!  I have slowed down and do not appreciate it one little bit!

And then when I try to be ready for a project - my weary brain does not want to co-operate. Every since I had mentioned that I was wanting an apron that would not hurt my neck and Chris from Diet Coke Rocks suggested to me the Victorian Aprons- well- yes that is exactly what I need.( I need it because my fibromyalgia makes so many things HURT.) I tied to explain that to the eye doctor and also the people who make eyeglasses . I also had to get rid of all my beautiful sweaters that I loved so much because it felt like each stitch was cutting right into my body)  So , now I was studying aprons???Chris is a real smart cookie! Now to just figure out the pattern since I cannot find one anywhere. Chris had just made one for her little girl and she did explain how she created that one.Hers calls for a band -but I remember DH's grandmother had the ones that did not have a band . The straps go over your shoulders and then fit into the tie straps . I have been attempting to figure that part out. "IF only I did not have a garden and chores -then I would be putting my brain back into my sewing. It is hard to imagine that I do "owe" snow and cold weather the time to let me sew. I really gotta get my act back together because Christmas is only 6 months away and I have not got as far as I was hoping. That "Time" thing just does not stand still for anybody!

http://www.anh-usa.org/american-diabetes-association-guidelines-killing-diabetics/

This is a link to some information I was reading today about diabetes . Mine was diagnosed Early - so I have been able to "control" it . So many others are not that lucky. Even DH's Dad had to  have his limbs cut off because of it and it still killed him. I also met a man at a flea market who had it and they were going to remove his legs- yet he was holding out Just So He Could Walk His Daughter down the isle to give the bride away. It was so sad and he was wearing shorts on a hot day -and his legs were all swollen and beet red like they wanted to explode. It was horrible.

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment