Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Meagan's voyage

I knew Who I wanted this project for and I knew which piece of fabric I wanted to use and I knew which color she preferred . BUT_ - finding the right design is the pits!  I did have one design saved that I wanted to put on a shirt for her-but I wanted it to go on the pink piece of fabric - sooooo I spent half of my day just researching designs!

The computer sure does open more doors for me than I could ever dream about. I remember several years back and someone suggested that every home would have a computer and I just laughed - look who is laughing now! LOL

I think I have it figured out - so I hoop my fabric and under neath the fabric is two sheets of stabilizer.

I just thought this project might flow quickly! Yea- Right ! I spent the next 3 hours quarreling with this design and the machine. I think they ganged up on me and they put up a good fight-but I won the battle -almost ! LOL After all the problems -like broken thread - thread wrapped around the thread holder - and when I finally finished I was so anxious to get it off the machine before it could attack me again - that I plum forgot that I wanted to add a quote! Too late! The harder I worked - the more I sweated  and my hair was damp against my neck. I just did not want to give up and I knew I could not turn my back on this pair!:)

I am finally finished and I am SOOOO grateful and since it is almost midnight here I need to finish up odds and ends before I can fall in bed.

O one note  - this morning early my DH had to take that long trip to go pick up our son from his back surgery and I heard him pull back into the driveway -so I went to see what he had forgotten. He was so excited because when you got to the top of the hill and he saw a BEAR! He talked about how pretty he was and how fast he could run.

But I have always hoped that a bear will not show up because I would not know how to defend my chickens or sheep?? That is one problem when you try to raise chickens - EVERYTHING likes to eat chickens! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope that bear doesn't get your chickens or sheep. Let him catch fish or eat berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you get bears! There is NO WAY I am coming to visit you.. bears EAT PEOPLE too... and chickens... and I'm a Chicken person.... cluck..cluck..cluck.

    And I would have got really cross with the problems you were having with the machines/computer/design and thrown it out the bloody window.... maybe it would have hit the bear on the head! Or scared off some bees.

    ReplyDelete