Monday, June 21, 2010

Camo Ornament Monday

My day has flown off and left me . As usual I worked on my critters all morning and we had to make a quick trip to town. Then we made a run by my son and daughter-in-law's to see if we could help on the boat canopy. Tracy had put another zipper in today . She decided to take a break and have a cone of ice cream with DH , so I asked her what she would like me to do. She had two flaps that needed to be hemmed, so that put me on her commerical machine. This is only the second time I have touched it , but I have been paying attention as she has learned to use it. I took the serger to it so it would look more finished in my book. By the time I had done about half -my DS showed up , home from work. He looked so tired to me.

I did get the two flaps sewed and daughter-in-law came back and went back to work adding some binding while I ironed some more for her, as I like everything ironed because of the nice crisp edge it leaves.Cory figured out how everything should lay and she went to work on some more zippers. This thing has about 12 big zippers on it. Then she pulled one of MY great moves that I call Drunk Sewing and lost her nice straight edge and took a wobble and then a bobble. I held my breath because I knew there was going to be "trouble in the Amen corner".Cory told her that would not pass -that they had worked too hard and too long  to give their first customer a mess like that. I could feel the tension in the air and I told them that I thought we ought to take a break since it was almost midnight  and he had to still take a bath and get a little sleep for work tomorrow. I could not live on the small amount of sleep he deals with.

So I decided to come on home and do up some chores and I will have to get up early in the morning to go get feed . We need to take the truck to have room for the feed , so that means taking DH truck and it does not have air on it. They are calling for 94 degrees and that temperature makes me sick , so we hope to get the feed and get back home and unload it before the temperature gets too high. Or, at least that is the plan. Then we will head over to see if I can help Tracy any. She said that she talked to the man today and explained why the project is taking longer than she had originally told him and he was not upset .He said as long as he gets it by Friday it will be alright. He also told her that IF the canopy fits right and looks good that there are a LOT of people on the lake where his boat is that need this work done and there is nobody to do it out there. She was pondering about it. IF I could just poke my brain in the pencil sharpener where I could become "SHARP" again -I might be some good help??? O, well - I better drag off to bed as it is 2:30 in the morning .

This is the one project that I managed to pull off after I got home tonight. I thought my younger son might get a kick out of a Camo Ornament  because he has always loved the camo color and I wanted him to know it was just for him -this coming Christmas. ! ;)

I hope each of you have a wonderful new day!
love to all and many happy stitches to all

1 comment:

  1. You stay up too late girl! No wonder you have a foggy brain!
    I really love that ornament.. which is weird as it's not BLUE!

    ReplyDelete