Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday pies

Another day - another boo-boo. I have worked hard for several years now to have fruit trees of any kind. Every time something would happen to what-ever I planted -even down to one of DH's friends backing over the last tree - getting it hung under his car and driving down the road with it dragging. I was heart-broken. So, that is the reason I am so excited that I finally have a dwarf cherry tree. Last year it had a few cherries on it -which I munched one every time I went to the garden . But this time there were more enough to make two pies and guess who had to ruin it??? ME- I did all the washing and pitting and putting everything together.

I managed to get this far and not ruin it. It almost made it to the perfect cherry pie-almost.

They even came out of the oven tempting me-so I cut two pieces for DH and I-HUMMM??? The crust was like cutting a cracker. It was then I realize that I had forgotten to put the butter in it and also the wash to the top of the crust with milk and sugar - which would have made it tendar instead of hard and tough????  I even put two different seasonings -one was vanilla and the second one was almond -I really liked the almond the best. :)

This was another ornament and the picture is not good, but it is chickens on the black piece and the yellow has chicken wire. I decided to go with a red band to kind of bring out the red in the chicken's combs.

It was just one of those days that everything I attempted seemed to go wrong-except Mother Nature-it was a beautiful day outside and I got to sit out on the porch and eat breakfast this morning. It was so beautiful and I had to change the hummingbirds feeder.Now they are in good shape for a while.:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame about the pies! Bet they still tasted yum!
    I am trying to get our ground ready to grow fruit trees... I want lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I'm giving you a nice pat on the back for your attempt to make your 'dream' pies! It did make me laugh because we all have THOSE DAYS! LOL I love your heart, and your dreams and attempts...even when things go wrong. God bless you my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete