Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Walk in the park

Today was one of those perfectly beautiful , the temperature was 79 and with a slight breeze blowing it was perfect for anything that you wanted to do. But, the bad thing about perfect days is that they leave too fast. Hubby and I headed off to our local park to start our walking like we did last year ,but we do fudge and take a lunch and then we attempt to walk it off. This is a picture of the tennis court and behind it is a train going by under the bridge.

This bridge divides the park almost half in to and the shade it provides is very welcome in the summer.

This is a better picture of the tennis court . The grass is so perfect around here, and those big lights around the court make it nice to play at night when it cools off.

This is the paved trail that follows the river and we are coming up under the bridge. If you notice the light colored shirt going up through there -that is one of the nicest gals in town. She works at a bread-store in town and it had been probably since winter the last time we were in the store. She called out to us while were walking and I absolutely would not have known who she was  . I was trying to figure out who she was when she asked if the dogs we had with us were our babies?? I know I looked puzzled and she said-bread - store lady. I said , haven't you lost a lot of weight and she seemed happy to say -yes -60pounds and she is hoping to lose 20 pounds more.I still cannot believe it - I would not have known who she was. DH asked her how and she laughed and said she quit eating bread and was lots of salads and tuna and chicken and walking lots too.

This is the river coming from under the bridge. There are spots that are nice and shallow and then other spots NOT so shallow. The college kids are always riding their tubes down the river in the summer time.

This is the river before it goes under the bridge . It seems to be a little deeper here and lots of folks go fishing

. If you are walking this path  the river is to your right and the bridge is  over top of you. . As you start down this path there is usually lots of little squirrels playing  or begging for treats . Plus, there are mulberry trees growing all down the river . They make such wonderful human treats as you go along.

As far as your eye can see -the park stretches out with lots of beautiful shade trees all mowed so nice. I think it is over 2 miles if you are walking.

These lovely flowers bloom most of the summer. I do not know their proper name - I just call them miniature
sunflowers. :)

The water looks so soothing and it also gives a magic to your walk. There is always something beautiful to look at. Today I almost got a picture of the ducks with their babies - almost being the key word! :)

There are some ripples along the way. It is fun to watch how some of the boats figure out how to navigate them.

This is Snowball -one of our furbabies and he LOVES to go to the park. He always prances along turning that head to look at every thing or sometimes he gets to meet the pups along the trail . He loves that too .

Down the trail someone had planted a long row of all different kind of baby trees. It will be so nice to see if they thrive . This beautiful area all used to be a cornfield when I was little  and my DH has said that there used to be a lot of Indian arrow heads . It makes me feel so special to think that I am walking where some of our Native Americans trod.

I hope everyone has had as beautiful a day as I have and "Happy Stitches" to one and all.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for walking me through your park, it's all so beautiful and the river is lovely. So much bigger than my little town...even the bridge is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed my walk with you through your beautiful park. As Sue said so much bigger than we have here.

    ReplyDelete