Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturdays fly by

This Saturday has flew by-I started off the day with the project in mind for one of the ornaments.I enjoyed these colors .

 This is me just getting started with my colors and ironing the squares into rectangles.

I got a kick out of this one - I was ironing the rectangles into triangles and all of a sudden it looked like a fish skeleton to me.

 I was actually making good progress with my fish skeletons and they were all swimming up stream. But then you know how it is when you finally "have a plan" -the phone ran and DS wanted us to come over to his house to help DD-in-law with a project . They have been thinking about getting into the upholstery business and doing boat covers  and boat canopies. Somewhere along the way they met a man who wanted a canopy and he had taken it to a upholstery shop and they wanted 800.00 to make him a new one - so my children think they can tackle it. The man buys the canvas and now they were ready to tackle the job. My knowledge is not that far advanced and I said a lot of prayers for guidance. I actually got the first two pieces cut out and the goal was to sew those two together .We were working with a LOT of fabric and we got the first seam in perfect. Now we just had to fold it back on itself and sew the second stitch . Yep , that is where trouble jumped into the game. Needless to say we made 3 boo-boos right off the bat , so DS was invited to watch and see what was going wrong? He observed and offered his opinion and of course -when you are attempting to offer advice -it was not long before those two were thinking about chopping each other's head off.  SO, he got offered the job to see if he could do any difference. It took most of his strength to man-handle the canvas to make the seam now lay smooth and flat. Perfect.

But when I held it up to the light - all those pin-holes were showing through - big-time. So next we all ripped the seams out and agreed to start again tomorrow  as we were all tired and plan to cut a new piece out of the extra fabric they had allowed in case of disasters?

To make it even worse -on the drive home I got car-sick AGAIN ! I HATE being CAR-SICK! So, I just had to pop over and send my love to each of you! I am hoping off of here because I am dead  beat and there is a storm moving in!

Many happy stitches to each and all.:)



3 comments:

  1. I like what you were doing! Sorry about the car sickness...I knwo how hard that cant be!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? YOu son and daughter in law get a job to make something.... and YOU DO IT? So.. who is going to get the money for doing the job??? Sounds like it should be you!
    And as for getting car sick.. yep I do too on windy roads.. Ikkkkkkk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.... HATE.... FRIGGIN.....PRUNES!
    I'd rather eat me soup thanks! lol

    ReplyDelete