Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life Is A Voyage

A while back I heard my youngest daughter-in-law say that she was starting to like the color pink -after years of being a "green" only girl. So, when I saw this pink on sale at fabric.com I knew I had to have it for her. I have embroidered the design on the shirt and I always "Heave" a sigh of relief that the design is completed and the front piece of the shirt is not destroyed -which can very easily happen and you are left with all the other pieces of your project and no front -IF you do not have an extra piece of fabric to cut a new front out of and IF you are brave enough to attempt a design once again. :)

This is the tip that Lynne gave to me and it has saved my hide many a time. You have sewed your band into the one circle and you come back and fold the band over but instead of putting it straight into your shirt -you take a minute and run a zig zag stitch around it to help hold everything where it is suppose to be. If I do not use this tip - where you attempt to marry the band to the neck will Always walk with me and make the band look terrible from being crooked. How lucky we are to have sewing friends to help guide our path or at least lend a helping hand or sometimes just a kind word to get us over the hump. :)

You can see the bottom of the band is now zigzagged . I just have it upside down to show the zigzag and also I have folded the band in half and marked the fourths with a black mark - This will be so I can mark the fourths on the neck of the shirt and then pin them together so that they will fit together smoothly . (Plus, I do a lot of holding my breath. LOL)

As I lay the front and back on the table -getting ready to mark off the fourths that will pair with the fourths on the band - I notice that I have sewn the right side to the wrong side ?GGGRRR! I ponder it for a minute and wonder if I left it that way would anybody else notice??? As I ran this thought through my mind I decided if anybody else would notice or not - I would know the difference - so I pulled out my ripper and sang the song of the frogs- rip-it, rip-it , rip-it!

I guess Miss Rosie knew I was stressed so she plotted some laughter for me. Remember those Styrofoam
balls for the ornaments ? I am really using them up . I think there is only 6 left and she likes to give me grief over them. Yesterday she found the one I was getting ready to work with and she was "batting" it all over the table ,until I snitched it back.So today she is laying on the plastic that holds the balls. You can tell that she is really just PERCHED on top of them and it is such a funny site-as she hangs over on all sides. :) O well,  laughter is a good medicine. LOL

Ok, now to get back up to speed and get the correct front and back sewn and then mark off the fourths to pair up with the fourths of the band.

Here they are all paired up and ready to be "married". LOL (can you tell I'm getting tired - I get goofy!)

I have serged all the edges and am pinning all the hems -just for a cleaner look.

Yea! A finished shirt . The picture does not do it justice-let me see if the design shows up better -closer up?



 
Well, I'm not having such good luck as you can hardly tell that in green I had written Life Is A Voyage - just because it is.

Nite all and happy stitches to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment