Friday, June 4, 2010

India on Friday

As you can see -Miss Rosie has to be in control of all projects in her jurisdiction - as you can see how she keeps things up close and personal with her one foot to give it the seal of approval. :)

I am starting with this really pretty "owl" fabric. This will be for one of my friends daughter. As I studied it I wished I could think of something else out of it  since the pretty owls will not show up much on an ornament?

See   what I mean ??? Just too pretty to not turn the remnant into something that the owls would show????

 Of course Miss Rosie called for a conference to sort through all of the evidence???? :)

See how seriously she considers all sides of the project???

I did manage to get my squares all cut out and then folded into the rectangle -which turns into a triangle. I kept the owl for the first top piece , but  didn't do  me any good because my first row covered it up. SHOOT!

The one on the right is the owl ornament and the one on the left is the Disney one I had worked on a week or so ago. When I took a picture of it - it had a wide band - and I did not like it for some reason. You know how you get a splinter and it aggravates you to death until you do something about it?? Well , that was the relationship I had with it so I took it apart and fixed it so that I could run a more slender band around it. And, yes - I like it better now .:)

And, this is the opposite side . I will eventually have to figure out how to insert a hanger for all of the ornaments and plan to do them all at one time -hoping to improve the result. But, for now -the balls are just as cute as they can be. I have got two freezer gallon size baggies that I have been putting them all in and I have to admit that they look so pretty with all their different colors. Makes me think of Easter and decorating the eggs. :)

I hope each of you have a wonderful day and weekend. I have trouble realizing that another week has flown by?  Each of them are so precious. :)

2 comments:

  1. Make a wall hanging out of the owl remnant? Or a card!
    Our Queen is the Queen of England! We are kinda a 'part' of the British Empire or Commonwealth.
    STuff trading my queen for your bear.. you can keep them bears!

    ReplyDelete