Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two Funny Things in a day - already? LOL

 This is the Before Picture of the shirt in the story.:)


Isn't it amazing how each day has its own set of events? I love it when it is a happy day and this one has been that for me. I had accomplished all of my outdoor chores and came in drenched with sweat - so I guess it must have been a good work-out for me?LOL

I took my shower and got decent once again and came in the sewing room. DH is out of the house -taking our son back to the back surgeon and with the tv not blaring the house has such a nice quiet in it except for the sounds of my little finches singing . That is one reason I love my little birds -they sound like they are always happy and content to enjoy each little adventure.

Now that I was in the sewing room I was wondering which project I wanted to tackle????Then a light bulb went off in my head ! Last year I had made a green tee shirt and embroidered a rose on it. I told hubby that I had learned a valuable lesson - it did not have some kind of animal on it and I was almost repulsed by it. I even put it in the Etsy Store -but did not get one single bit???? :(

So, while I was looking for a design for a shirt for my daughter-in-law I happened to run across a hummingbird design ?????????I happened to remember when I told DH my problem with the shirt that he had said-If I felt that way about the animals so passionately then why not just embroider some animal with the rose design???? So, I took his advice when the design that I had saved a long time ago of a hummingbird flew across my brain and This is what I came up with! LOL I'll be darn - I really do like it now. I finally have a shirt that I can call my own. :)

  O, I was so carried away with my new shirt that I almost forgot about my dear Miss Rosie -the sewing cat! LOL While I was sitting in the computer chair working on the design Miss Rosie was being a nut. I guess it was because she had been in the chair asleep when I picked her up and moved her onto the cutting table on a nice soft towel. But, I must have offended her because she came around beside me where there was a tote full of fabrics . She got up on it and then reached for the chair I am sitting in . She caught it with her claws and with her head she went to pushing as hard as she can to push me out of the chair. She really caught me off guard as I was so intent on the project. After my brain woke up I looked at her and started to laugh. Gosh , another INSULT to her dignity! LOL So, next she takes her front claws and sinks them into the cushion I am sitting on and she pulls with all of her little might until she almost dumped her off of the tote and me off of the  chair -but she succeeded  in pulling my chair a few inches toward her. By now I was really having a rolling laugh at her. LOL

This is one reason I love animals so much - with them you never know when you can have such funny adventures  and you can tell all of your secrets to them and they never tell another human being! LOL

 Not too shabby - Is it???

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that hummingbird is PERFECT! you are so right about it needing a bird or animal.

    I didn't know you had birds! How many animals do you have? Cats, dogs, birds? There was a time that we had dogs, cats, hamsters, ginniepigs (?), iguanas, box turtles, birds and a chipmunk all at one time! I was kept busy with all the different foods we needed for them, and bedding for them. But we loved all them~

    Glad you had some time by yourself. We all need that. Hope your son is doing better?!

    ReplyDelete