Friday, September 10, 2010

Would you agree that there is a Lot more to sewing -than just sewing???


For instance when everything gets out of place. I thought I knew what I wanted - UNTIL - I went to digging through and saw what a disaster this corner had turned into. So, I knew what had to be done and I started pulling everything out of the cabinet and from off the top of the cabinet.

Have you ever noticed when you start pulling things and deciding where everything should go to - that the amazing part of the adventure is :

It seems that you now have twice as much out -than you started out with and you wonder how in the world will I ever get all of this back into place??????? O, and let's not forget that when you make the mistake of running across some real "treasures" that you have to take a few moments to "play with your toys".  Well, it's just not any fun to keep treasures if you cannot "play" with them sometimes.

An example of my "toys" would be :
 1. I have a small case that holds some of my artwork that I have drawn and got so much enjoyment out of . Like my pictures that I had drawn  of some of my dairy goats many years ago. It would be a hard call to have to decide which I treasured more - the animals or the artwork. I had used some on pillows and sweatshirts that I painted them on.
2. A small case that holds maps of North Carolina and a small pamphlet of  all the flea markets scattered about there. We spent one summer just enjoying that gift. We met lots of wonderful people and ate at lots of fish houses.
3.I found 3 of the cd's I had forgotten what I had done with them. LOL

So, although I do not have any sewing project to share - I do now have a nice corner space. :) Plus, I had to feed us so I fixed a homemade pizza. We just did not have any popcorn to go with it!

I have got to get ready to go out and do out door chores . I have received a wonderful invitation from Lynne to go to a quilter's event tomorrow ! Now, doesn't that sound like fun -nice people and so many fabrics to drool over and each store will give a door prize of some kind. :)

Love to all and have a wonderful weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know exactly what you mean. I have way more stuff than I can fit into places. Have a wonderful day tomorrow with Lynne

    ReplyDelete