Sunday, September 5, 2010

Did you know?

I learned a new lesson today. :) I am always trying to very hard when I put the neckband onto the body of the shirt -to make it perfectly even  all the way around . BUT- it seems like I always fail to accomplish this goal.
BUT as I zig-zagged around around with my first row of stitches I noticed that I had not accomplished this. So , I promised myself that I would try doubly hard to fulfill my desire on the stitch that I now go around with my serger. I have learned when you start -it you want it to be even you put a little "nip" with the scissors to mark the spot that you intend to met evenly. So, things were going great and as I headed down to the finishing I stopped and took the knife off so that the every thing would match up. But , as I watched the serger  stitch around the knife it forced the material outside of the knife movement -instead of where it would be going Under the knife and changed the width of the band.  Yea, at least now I know how I was goofing up. :)

Plus, I need some way to remind myself that the different types of knit fabric make a big difference in the stretch of the neckband. The extra stretchy kind lets the neckband stretch easily to go over your head - BUT- the kind that is not so stretchy Does not. I had cut out the headband by the pattern piece and I was so glad that I sewing it together and was checking to see If it would stretch to go over my head and NO -it would not. That was funny because I had been wanting one of those headbands to put on and pull my hair back to wash my face and by this test - I now have two headbands  to keep in the bath room to to that with! :) Plus, I re-cut a pattern piece longer and this time when I attached it -everything works great and I managed to save myself some heartache! "Maybe my Guardian Angel was looking out for me this time"! :)



Well, time to bring down the ironing board to press the garment so it will looked more Professional. :)  O, I had a funny experience. I was taking clothes out of the dryer and I ran across a shirt I had made so I stopped to study it. It always wants to roll up on the hems. Next I pulled out a pair of green slacks that matches the shirt 100%, so I stopped to study them too. I was thinking I had bought these a few years back when I took a yoga class and you needed clothes that Could move with you and the fabric just matched the shirt?? HUM? So I folded it open and studied the stitches and they looked Exactly like mine . I even held the shirt and the pants up side by side to study them? Well, finally my "I bought these store-bought" was canceled out by my "everything stitch matches-so I must have made them" - - -  UNTIL I looked at the back of the pants and there was the store tag! !!!!! :) So, I guess that answers that question. LOL



O , And I am trying very hard this time not to get a goose egg from an iron! Matter of fact I have not moved that iron off of the cutting table since it attacked me! So, I have been keeping it - BELOW- my head !!!!!!!! I was beginning to think that that bugger was possessed , so I am taking NO chances! I am keeping my eye on that IRON  ! Or you can call it am iron , if you want to , but I am calling it "a head adjuster"! LOL!

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

4 comments:

  1. OK.. I take it you managed to hit yourself in the head with the iron? Twit. Hope it wasn't hot.
    lol
    And now I know why I have never tried to sew with stretchy fabric... it sounds like a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was possessed...not a great experience!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOL...You must sew well enough to match the store bought! Can't complain about that! Your good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way...the CAT is Gorgeous!!! My hubby use to have a Persian just like it...named Chum.

    Your embroidery patterns are fun!

    ReplyDelete