Sunday, September 12, 2010

A new week and a new chapter in our lives



Here is Mr. Cowboy who has come into the sewing room to "steal" Miss Rosie's  food. All summer he prefers to lounge around on the front porch and then through the day you can find him lounging in the trees! I kid you not - you never know where you will see him at. :)Even though I prefer that my kitties stay indoors all the time - it just has not panned out with him! Maybe it is because my girlfriend captured him and his brother wild and she kept his brother. He has since disappeared , but Cowboy is a stinker. He is one cat who will talk to you as long as you offer a conversation.

He is quiet a character too. He knows that our 4 chihuahuas do not like him and they spend all their time trying to have a wild game of chase, but he has found a new way to insult them. Each evening at approximately 8pm we sit down to watch a program on tv and the 4 chihuahuas climb up on my lap and we all snuggle together. Well, Cowboy has figured that when they get good and comfortable he will leap up on the recliner foot that raises for you to put your legs on. He VERY quietly lays himself all the way across. LOL -I even tried to cover them with a sheet so they could not see him. But you will see all of them start sticking their little noses up in the air and then they pass the word along that a CAT has insulted them in their own territory! And all of a sudden all of them come to life and stare at him. Then it depends on  who is the most insulted -if Cowboy -he will take off and if the pups they will high-tail it to the bedroom and fly up under the covers! LOL I love all of them dearly.

Time just gets away from me -if I could I would purchase a "MORE TIME CARD"-but unfortunately I have not found any yet. So, I am still attempting to just keep up.

Like yesterday I got to go with Lynne to Roanoke for a quilt hop and boy was it fun. We covered 6 or 8 places where there  were two more than I even knew existed ? I mean geee - anytime there is fabrics all around -happens to be a good time to me.

It is funny what you remember about places - one place I fell in love with the beautiful pine wood floor. It was  so gorgeous to me - all light colored and to me was the perfect back drop on which to show-case all those beautiful fabrics . I also Loved the big picture windows! Lynne noted that sunlight is not good for fabrics and I noted that was true! All the bolts of fabric in the store were 9.00 a yard.

I had ordered some more Styrofoam balls from Lynne -so I hope to get some more of those completed  !

They had been calling for rain, but God must have been looking out for us. It only started to sprinkle as we left the last shop! Some of the gals had refreshments -ummmm? One had cranberry nut cookies and they were doubly ummmm! O, one shop the gentleman had made cookies and had the recipe for you if you wanted it. To me that was very thoughtful! He did have a blueberry donut hole that I snatched the last two.I totally ADORE blueberry anything . :)

I was so mad at myself - I had taken my camera to take pictures for you all - and guess who even forgot she had the camera in her purse! :(

Today has also flown by and we had our youngest son and his lovely, pregnant wife stop by  - and that made it fly by even faster.

I did finally make it to the sewing room just at dark so I wanted to show you that I actually did still accomplish something after all! LOL

HO , HO, HO! Still working on that Christmas list! Now my tote is crammed full  , yet I am a long way from being finished! But I am so relieved to have that many all created, wrapped  and ready to go! :)

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend  and a more special one coming your way this week!
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Your critters do give you lots of laughs.
    You are so good with your Xmas Gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one of the smartest women I know!

    ReplyDelete