Saturday, September 4, 2010

Where did it go to???

O My! I had planned such a perfect day . I was going to feed us and then while DH worked on his little shop for all of his hunting supplies - I was going to sew! Yea? NO -  We had to make a trip to town. I was hot and tired and dirty so at least I got to take a shower and become a clean person again.

DH had to run over to our youngest son's house to pick him up and bring him up here to keep a friend of his company while the friend worked  on a vehicle he is fixing up. Emmett came in and we all ate a bowel of beans together . DH stepped out of the house and Emmett and I got to play "catch - up" . He is still in so much pain that it is hard to believe. The doctors had told told him that he was a rare statistic because when you have nerves that are damaged from the disc in your back -they said they usually run to the outside of your body and hit the sciatica nerve and run down the outside of your leg. BUT - his they say have taken to the inside of his body and causes him intense pain in his stomach. He is in so much pain that it scares me and as he talked I could see he was fighting back tears of despair. He said the one doctor that is so far away -told him to expect to be down for approximately 2 months after the surgery and when those two months came and went and he was still having problems he went back to the local doctor who told him that he did not know who had told him that -But - with his kind of problem about a year - time for the nerves to attempt to heal where the disc had damaged them!  He is really upset because he cannot work and it is getting closer and closer to time for their baby.

His young wife has back problems too -from a car wreck and I am wondering how in the world will they be able to carry a baby around , especially as it grows? I don't know , but we will just have to take it one day at a time.

After we got back home the kids were all gone and I changed my clothes and went for my little walk and enjoyed that tremendously! It was a Perfect walk because the temperature was perfect! Not to hot and not to cool and a slight breeze was ruffling through my hair as I walked - like an angel had caressed me. I had my furbabies with me and they had a lot of fun. That is one thing that I admire animals for - they do not sit and worry and they demonstrate how to treasure the moment. Up and down and all around they played in the field  and then they came for lots of loving. The little boy whose name is Bandit  had snagged his dewclaw and it looked so painful. I noticed that he was carrying it up high , trying to protect it. I picked him up to inspect it and then I put him back down in the soft grass to see how he was managing? It was hurting him and reminded me of when I had rubbed a blister on my heel and every step I had taken hurt more than the last. So, I gave in and picked him up and carried him like a baby with those pretty brown eyes just shining. I love animals because they offer you pure love and you do not have to live up to anybody's standards . They just accept you as you are and for that gift I am so grateful.



When we arrived back at the house I worked on the evening chores. I pulled the guinea pigs lots of nice greens for them to munch on tonight. The temperature is suppose to be cold tonight , so this is the first night I have closed the windows.Then by the time we had eaten a bowel of beans - I sliced us each a bowel full of fresh apples. This is the first year my one little tree has had apples and they have been delicious! What a nice treat to end the day!



I wanted to make at least a little progress so when DH went to bed I came in the sewing room and hunted another design for another shirt.  I will be too tired to sew on it tonight, but I will feel better because I will have accomplished Something! :)



Yesterday I had bought a very different type of cat food. My dear Rosie has been having problems with her food . She no sooner eats it and turns around and then throws it all up! Uck! A friend had mentioned that she had bought a new food and that it was doing good by her kitty. I was lucky and ran across it in our local Tractor supple store. There was also one beside it that was a little cheaper and it said NO GRAINS and since the corn is what so many cats are allergic to - I decided to test it out. I am afraid to speak of it without knocking on wood , but so far it has been 24 hours and she had not throwed anything up at all! HOPE, HOPE , HOPE! :) I had recently watched a program on tv explaining how they make some of our animal's food and it was DISGUSTING what some of them do! Some humans are just plain -vile!

Have you noticed what a hard time I have been having TRYING to get a picture of her lovely Blue eyes?
Everytime I go to snap the camera -she has already turned her rotten little head on me!  She is such a scamp! LOL

See, this is why I have been attempting to keep her close at hand - I was attempting to color the design like her colors -according to the colors that I have. Well, it suits me since this is one that is a "keeper" for me! :)
Since it is 2/30 AM I am going to go jump in bed. DH is thinking of having a fish fry tomorrow -depending on everyone else's plans - so I might have trouble sneaking in my sewing? But , right now my body is screaming for rest. :) Love to all - night!

No comments:

Post a Comment