Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Middle of the week and time flying by?

I ran across a saying lately that really rings true to my heart: JUST START SOMEWHERE!  So now I have two favorite phrases -the other one being ,Whoever SAID Life Is Suppose To Be Fair! So, I did not "waste" my time waging war with my main computer because it felt like I had wasted all day yesterday fighting it! Hateful critter -they are just so much like people that I wonder sometimes IF there isn't a human being in that case -all set to argue with you! OOOOO- to have a wonderful mind and be able to "command an army of them":::::::::::

I don't know IF you guys ever watch NCIS and they have Abbey the computer guru and also on Criminal Minds -they have Penelope ! Both of them so young and pretty and SMART!!!!!!!!!!! They can handle any computer that comes their way - I wish I could be like that!

I strike me as a very strange person because I always complained that I was born in the wrong generation because I needed to be back in the 1800's so I could ride horses and milk cows and feed chickens, ect. BUT on the other side of the coin I wish to have virtual knowledge of the 2020 so I could treat my computer right! :) - And it would treat me right! :) I decided to take my own advice and JUST START SOMEWHERE!

Okey-doekey! Back to real life- I pulled out my next project and it took a while to decide on the design for a dear buddy of mine. I finally settled on the little dragon - just because I think he -errrrr- she , is cute as a bug on a rug! It did great  on the start out sewing the base alright and I was getting to be VERY hopeful! But , then as I got into the design when it came to laying down an outline along the Left ear -things got kinda "wonky" and it sew away from the ears -not outlining it like it was suppose to ????? Yea, I was starting to get twitter-patted! My hope was slowly melting away.

Then it straightened up like a naughty child - like when you threaten to "rip their pretty little heads off"  . LOL
When it came to the final outline stitch in the dark red - I 'll be dog-gone if it didn't miss the LEFT side of the project. I sat and studied it knowing that I had got it nice and "taunt" -as they like to say  - And- I had put three pieces of stabilizer under it and I had used the Spray Adhesive on it pretty heavy. I just don't see how in the world I am doing anything wrong???? And the fact that it always messes up on the Left side - what is going on with that????

 I think you can see on the left side in this picture that little red straight stitch is along the entire Left side ???But, still I think she is a "cutie -petootie"!

As soon as I got this much completed - here comes that LIFE gig again and I have to fix DH something to eat and go do chores. He asked for a silver turtle-'No little silver turtle as all harmed in any way! They call it that because you take a sheet of aluminium foil and put your piece of meat on it and then pile the vegetables on top of it and add a dab of butter and seasonings and wrap your little package up nice and tight. She bakes for approximately 40 minutes -you can smell the nice aroma if you are a meat eater. Then you pull her out and Abracadabra , your meal is complete and you toss the aluminium in the trash and your meal is now complete! No dirty pops or pans!

Then hopped in shower and got ready for my counselling and now it is almost bedtime , so I wonder???????Where did my day go?????????????????? But at least it was a beautiful day -sunshine and 91 degrees and we are watching the weather channel to keep an eye on that hurricane that is roaring out in the ocean yet? I don't think it will bother us any -but after one did make it through about 12 years ago - it is certainly something that you never forget. I do not know how the people survive out there in the tropical islands?

Love to all and hope you too, have had a wonderful day and an even better one tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment