Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What day is this???? :)

Another one of those days that runs off and leaves you in the dust of your hopeful plans?????

I did start off the day by searching for designs that I could use on a set of sheets for my sister in law??? I had been looking for her a set of sheets for a year now and it was almost impossible to find a California King set! (or at least a set that did not cost you an arm and a leg?!  :)

I still say sometimes the hardest part of the project is finding the perfect design to link your project to whomever you are working on? So, having spent half of the day searching and now having any success is very tiring .  Then we got a phone call and had to go to town and that took a lot of the evening.

Then I worked on outdoor chores.I think that was very pleasant. The day was absolutely  amazing with the perfect temperature and all the colors that are coming into the trees! IF IT JUST DID NOT  MEAN THAT OLD MAN WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had planned to watch a tv program from 7 to 8 , But???(you know how those Butts are, don't you? LOL) The best laid plans often go astray!

DH had pulled out two totes that I had stashed some of the kitchen appliances in. The ones that you don't use very often , but that I did not want to have to wash them every month to keep them clean. The one he wanted held his meat slicer. DS had bought all of us some cheese and some baloney and DH was to slice it all up because he had this electric slicer. Well, DH did get three fourths of it cut - and then it broke a gear! Not a plastic gear - but a real live (or so it was) metal gear. I have been trying to run one down for him - but so far -No Luck! :(

But , since he had pulled these two totes out and piled everything on top of them - I decided that was the perfect time to clean that dark corner. When I got that all cleaned out - OF COURSE - the shelves up above it looked terrible. Where in the world does time go to??? But, my fifteen minute job - had turned into an hour and a half job and I just ran out of steam! I resent running out of steam because I used to fly through stuff and now what should take only minutes now takes hours!

I am whipped , but at least Half of my desired goal is accomplished. When I get my next "Burst of Good Ideas " I will tackle the top shelves. :) But , it is pretty sad that I cannot accomplish as much as I want to!

I hope everybody else has had another perfect day.
Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. I think we all suffer from time slipping away as we get older. For me, it is more an entire day or week that seems to pass on by without me realizing it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know how that feels! I was looking for something this morning in the garage, and three hours later the garage was all tidy and I still had not found what I had been looking for! Derrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha some more... cos I forgot what I was looking for and ummm...I still can't remember what it was! Maybe tomorrow I will?

    ReplyDelete