Thursday, September 23, 2010

I think it is a true statement to say that computers have really changed our life. It is time for some more baby creations for another grandbaby that is coming quicker than I can believe!.My little daughter-in-law #2 is really starting to show and it amazes me . Of course it reminds me of when I was carrying her husband and hard to believe that I was young Once upon a time! LOL Sometimes I forget I have walked so many miles. :)

But of course when starting a new project , I need help. That used to have meant to head out to some of the bookstores to research for what I needed. But, now that means I can hunt in the privacy of my own home! I think that is SOOOOO awesome.

So, I started out checking the sizes of baby blankets and was amazed at all the different sizes for all the different purposes! Matter of fact- here is a piece of some of the things I found out - just in case you know someone who could use the information.


What Size Should You Make a Baby Blanket or Quilt?

By: Jay Brandley
When making a baby quilt or baby blanket, there is the dilemma of what size a proper baby quilt should be. While there is no legal rule set in stone when it comes to setting the size of a baby quilt or baby blanket, some thought should be put into the dimensions of the quilt before undertaking a project like this.

Baby Crib Mattress Size and Dimensions

When deciding on the size and dimension you would like the baby quilt you are making to be, you may want to consider such things as what the size of a standard baby crib as this is one of the ideal places where the baby quilt will be used.

The most common size and dimensions of a baby crib bed or mattress is 36x52. If you would like the quilt or blanket to fit the baby crib, you may want to take those dimensions into consideration when planning your quilting strategy.

How Old is the Baby?

Another factor worth consideration is the age of the baby. Healthy babies do grow at a steady and speedy rate, so making smaller baby quilts and baby blankets may not be what you would want to do. If the baby is a newborn, how long do you want the baby quilt to last?

Common and Popular Baby Quilt Sizes

Although size should be considered, do not worry about measurements too much. There are much more important aspects to fret about when making a unique baby quilt. But, in order to assist you a little, here is a list of some sizes that are commonly used:

- 32x40
- 36x36
- 36x45
- 36x48
- 40x52
- 36x60
- 45x60
- 60x60 

Those dimension listed above should be more than enough to give you an idea of what you size you would like to create. The 32x40 size should fit a baby crib mattress nice and snug while the 60x60 size will allow room for the baby to grow and when the child becomes a toddler and perhaps older, the 60x60 will still be more than ample for use.

What Matters the Most

However, no matter what size or dimension you choose for the makings of your baby quilt project, the baby quilt will be unique and memorable because it is a gift from you. No doubt, you have the best and purest intentions, and the pouring out of your heart and soul into the making of the baby quilt is really what should matter. Surely, anyone would be more than able to appreciate that.
Article Source: http://www.articlekingpro.com



I check to see what kind of supplies I have now . I think this will do nicely. I just have to figure out what I can turn these into??

Hubby and I took time for our supper. I fixed him venison covered in gravy in the pressure cooker -it has to be nice and tender for him to be able to eat it. I fixed cornbread covered in buttermilk for me. Of course I should not have had the second glass full - my poor stomach says I am trying to kill it - so it starts to complain! I should have listened!

Well, I have plowed on ahead and I am reminded that my eyesight does not like STRAIGHT lines ! I have always been crooked whether walking or riding a bike and now to sewing. Just does not seem fair- It seems to me that straight lines should be one of the easiest things to do.

But, like my friend, Helen- used to say: "Whoever Said Life Was Fair?"!

I am going to have to stop as it is 7:16 and getting dark ALREADY! So , I better run and put my critters outdoors to sleep! :)

Thanks for coming to visit! There is nothing like friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment