Thursday, September 2, 2010

9 2 2010 Critter day :)


This is what greeted me at the sewing room this morning. She is laying on a pile of scrapes covered over with a towel. It is very slick and  I can see she is slowly sliding off of the cutting table. Every-time I go to snap a picture she moves and you know how cameras are these days. I have not moved the scrapes  because I am intending to cut them up in tiny pieces to make another doggie pillow. But, not like the one I worked 2 days cutting the pieces for last Christmas . I had made two pillowcases for it and told my DNL 1 she would just need to wash the Pillowcases? Like kids listen to me anymore -even if they are 40. LOL She decided to WASH the entire pillow and the flannel it was made of burst open. She said she found tiny pieces of fabric all in her washer. LOL - revenge for not listening - LOL - I know- my meanness is showing!OOPS!  So , do you think that she sewed it back together???? I think we all know what the answer is to that question?


Well, sweet Rosie -she is still showing off for me. She knows that I think she is the "cat's meow"!  This is another day that plum run off and left me . I went out and did a bunch of chores and when I work outdoors -time just flys by. We took lunch and watched the weather channel as they talked about the hurricane that they think will go up the  east cost line. The mountains usually protect us -but I still like to know what is going on.

Then this afternoon DH went out to work on a little shed he is building and I had started back to the sewing room after I did some laundry when DH came back asked me to follow him up to where he was working. I remember thinking that I should grab my camera.He said he had been hammering away and looked up and saw 4 young turkeys. I finally spotted what he was talking about and I asked  about the camera. He took off back to the sewing room to nab my camera . I started to sneak my way up the walkway because they were so small at that distance that I could barely see them. I would ease a bit and wait a bit. There was one older bird that would raise its head and keep an eye on me. As I was easing -they were easing around by the henhouse and up the little hill. We were all "easing" together - hum- and with no needle and thread!

The weeds were high at the fence and I had trouble spotting them out .

You can barely see those black spots working up the hill.

I kept counting as they meandered through the weeds on the hill and I was amazed.


 They were all strung out like a little bird army . This was the second time in my lifetime that I had got to enjoy seeing wild turkeys on our land, usually the guys like to hunt them and that ruins it for me. This time I was the shooter! :)

When they blend into the shadows of all the trees it is very difficult catching them . I was afraid to get to close and scare them all off.

Then I  had the perfect way to end my day- I came back into the sewing room and wanted to put the ironing board back up . I had leaned down to position the feet of it when it felt like my world came crashing down and Pain clobbered the left side of my head -about the area near my ear and back.

I remember wondering What in the World had happened ? Would you believe that the iron (not hot) had jumped right off of one of the filing cabinets and clobbered me! I thought that was so VERY rude of it to do that. SO, while my head is spinning and hurting - I think I will take that as a HINT. Time to quit. :)

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day . The end of the week is coming  and another chapter is closing and getting ready to open and I hope that everyone has a perfect adventure. :)
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment