Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cory's second birthday shirt and lessons that went with it

     Have you noticed that every project has it's own set of lessons to learn? This piece of knit was so light-weight and SOOO much stretch that it was like a wild bronco - tossing me this way and that. I was determined that it wouldn't  "throw" me ! I went extra slow and extra careful and it fought me every way it could. I even slowed my machine down to really slow and as it sewed about 5 stitches it would start to "push" the knit ahead of the needle, so I would stop and raise my pressure foot  to get it in the right position AGAIN! This went on the duration if the project.
 
     This is where I made it far enough into the project to line my neck band to the shirt

 
     I am making progress and have made it to put the seam in the bottom of the shirt and also in the sleeves. Boy, it was hard to "control" this fabric. It has so much stretch that if you even "think" about it - it will jump to any side it takes a notion! I hope I am being smart because I used what is called a stretch stitch  and I hope that helps it not to break the thread after it is hemmed.

 
     Well, I finally got it together. It was a battle for me and I am wondering how it will behave when my son wears it??????

 
     This is a close-up of the design I used on the pocket. I am really hoping he will like it?
     Today we actually had some SUNSHINE and it got up to 40 - and a little path of our snow melted outdoors where DH walks to put wood in the stove. So, this was another perfect day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment