Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowing & Sewing!

     Well, it is Winter-time -what more could I expect? We have about 10 inches and DH is outdoors on his ATV clearing our driveway and the mailbox  . He rigged a blade on the front and he really gets a lot done to help us move around. But I discovered this afternoon that it was slick as glass when I went outdoors for some chores. I made it up the hill -barely - and I got lucky and DH came out to "feed " our outdoors wood stove  and he helped me back down the hill! I would not have made it in ONE piece if he had not showed up. Perfect Timing. ~smile~

 
     After I had finished that black shirt for Son's birthday - I went to looking for the other one that I had cut out????????????? I thought I had cut out?????? I looked high and low and decided I must not have got around to to , so I pulled out a nice blue piece of heavier knit and went to town cutting out his shirt. Cory is the one that HAS to have a pocket , so I cut out a pocket for him and measured where to put it to the shirt at. I looked for a design  and I got lost in the day -just looking?????But after I embroidered his pocket - I had to cut a piece of stabilizer for my next project and low and behold - there was my "Other shirt " that I had been looking for ???? I had stuck it in that drawer so hide it from Miss Rosie and her hairs! LOL

             Since the rest of the afternoon was spent looking for a design for his red shirt - I gave up and embroidered another book marker. I think they are the perfect way to "test " sew some designs that I have been curious about. I don't ruin a more complicated project and I get to still make something useful at the same time . To me that is a "Win-Win" situation!      

 
It really turned out too wide - compared to the others,but I still love it. Whoever said book markers had to be a particular size? So, at least I ended up with one more project for Christmas 2010! Yea!
                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. It is not too wide, it's gorgeous!
    All that snow.. it is so pretty, but maybe not as pretty as our beachs/seasides? Not so hot today, which was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am FANATICAL about changing my needle .. I think I now change them too often! I spend a fortune on needles.
    The problem is with the thread cutter under the stitch plate mostly.
    *sigh*
    thanks for the suggestion though.

    ReplyDelete