Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hubby ran out of gloves

     Remember those experimental gloves I made for my DH for Christmas for his crippled hands? Well, he liked them so much that he wore them all out working with the  wood to keep us warm. But he said that they even lasted longer than the plain little brown gloves that all the stores sell.
     I worked so hard today trying to get everything ready for the snow tomorrow. I think I washed everything in the house - just in case we lose our electricity.
     So that left me very little sewing time. I went to the sewing room and wondered which project could I tackle that would not take up a LOT of time????? For some reason DH needing gloves popped in my head. I had a little piece of heavier knit that was left over from my sister-in-law's shirt. I knew that being a little heavier would be warmer on his hands. Here I have laid my pattern on the piece of fabric to see how many I could get cut out.

 
     Here I have them all cut out and I ended up with six pieces  - so I have enough for 3 pair of gloves.

 
     Here I have cut and laid out the two pieces of elastic that I need for the front and back of each glove .

 
     This is where I sew the elastic on each piece so when it is put together the elastic will help hold the glove in place. 

 
     The elastic is sewed in place so now I am serging  the bottoms.

 
     Here it is all sewed around and ready to be turned.

 
     Here they all are - all three pair of them. All these years we tried to figure out something to keep his hands protected in the Winter time  and it took me this long to get brave enough to try something on my own??? Just goes to show that you are never to old to Try something. 
     I wanted to get these all completed because tomorrow evening it is suppose to start snowing and snow until Saturday evening ??  I sure wish I could fly all the way "down under" and visit with my e-buddies  and enjoy their Sunshine and their beautiful water. But , since my "wings " are not in working condition I guess I will stay home and SEW - (I hope! Unless we lose our electricity)

1 comment:

  1. You are a whizz with those gloves. Lucky hubby of yours.

    I am sick of the heat now. I want winter to come. Then I can complain about being cold!

    ReplyDelete