Saturday, September 24, 2011

What a Nice Day

Except for both of us feeling bad - it has been a perfect day.  I have got to do some sewing and making some progress-so that makes it perfect for me. DH is stuck in front of the tv-so that is a perfect day for him.

This is the lounge pants I have worked on for Cory for Christmas. I have always used fleece for this project - but curiosity got a hold of me and I wondered how about using a knit so that they would be worn in the Summer time ?????? I found this knit with the cars all over it -so I decided to just try and see what happens. I do like the way it turned out and I am happy with the end product.

The part that gave me trouble was putting a button hole in the band for the cord and the elastic . My machine is just as stubborn as I am so that makes for fixing dilemmas  a challenge. I finally figured out that I had to turn off the machine and then readjust the button -hole design and then it would sew it -but it would not let me sew one button hole after another. I thought that was a lot of trouble to waste time with - but what ever works  is the path I have to choose. :)

1 comment: