Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Still Making Progress and Watching It Rain from Lee

Man - I have Never seen it rain so hard. I made it to the critter building and got caught there and the rain on the tin roof was so loud that it hurt my ears . It was raining so hard that I could not see out the door. Talk about getting a read "scrub-down" - Mother Earth sure did get it. : )

After I got back in the house and dryed off I decided that Val, from Life's Little Garden had given me a case of the "want-tos" by showing her crochet work. I had ran across a pattern that I wanted to try so I pulled my crochet hooks back into action while it gave me a chance to rest.This was what I came up with to start the day-


Aaaahhh - it felt so good to exercise those crochet hooks. I only worked for approximately 45 minutes and my shoulder started to hurt because of  my bursitis so I decided to hop on the next sewing project. I am narrowing down on them, but I am fearful that this one might not be big enough for one of the boys . It says it is a XL , but it is for one of those modeling bodies and this young man has a chubby tummy. Shoot.

Well, shoot ,let me try again.

See, he's really cute. Darn these sizes and my wee little brain trying to figure it out. I think I am going to have to give up on my Burda pattern except for my DH and my brother-in-law . They are both slender , but most of the rest of us have that extra tire around the center.

I have had such a nice day , minding my own business and having fun.

Vinegar Tips:
Soothe tired or sprained muscles by wrapping the afflicted area with a cloth wrung out of apple cider vinegar. Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and repeat as needed. For extra special relief, add a good dash of cayenne pepper to the vinegar.

Banish the discomfort of nausea or vomiting by placing a cloth wrung out of warm apple cider vinegar on the stomach. Replace with another warm cloth when it cools.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE it! So is that slippers you are making? I want to make some but cannot find a pattern. I have the same issues with my shoulder and have to stop from time to time. I didn't even crochet while at the little hilton this past weekend. I did try to make a hexie flower but it is ugly. You will see it soon. hey it is my first one. Love all your embroidery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that embroidery saying and picture! Too Cute!!!

    I get the itch to knit and crochet periodically. Now that it is getting cooler out I'll be back to it. I knit/crochet prayer shawls for our church family.
    ♥Cathy

    ReplyDelete