Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Katherine a re-check on her back.

Poor little Honey-Bear said all she had to do today was sleep and guard one of  the food bowls.I wish I could have traded places with her today. My sister-in-law had to come back to VA. to see the doctor who did her back surgery-they took X-rays  as she is not doing as good as she was . We went down to meet them and they took us out to eat.

Our brother-in-law's Sister had gone to the same hospital because she had a heart-attack while in the hospital visiting with my sister-in-law. I know that sounds like a lot of "in-laws" ,but to make it short and sweet they all had health issues and were being re-checked.

They took us to The Golden Corral and in All of our eyes that is the one best place to eat in Virginia. I ate my fill of strawberries-a whole plate full. I LOVE strawberries. DH and his sister and brother-in-law made plans to leave this Thursday to go to Eastern Va. to visit with their cousins. DH is suppose to put down a couple of hardwood floors while he is there. I could not go because of my critters - but with this car-sick stuff it would be miserable for me and for them. I will have so much fun at home. I have a list a mile long , but you know how that is-there is only 24 hours in a day and my motor is not as fast as it used to be. I let that bother me a lot here lately. So, I will just take it one minute at a time.

More vinegar tips: To relieve the pain of a sore throat caused by a cold, mix together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tablespoon every 4 hours . May be taken more often if needed.

Ease the discomfort of a sore throat and speed healing by sipping occasionally on a syrup made of 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of water , 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 3 tablespoons honey.

A vinegar gargle can ease the pain of a sore throat. Just gargle with a glass of warm water to whicha tablespoon of apple cider vinegar has been added. Repeat as needed.Repeat as needed. This also acts as a great mouthwash.

Soothe a dry night cough by sprinkling the pillowcase with apple cider vinegar.

A small amount of vinegar, taken every day , keeps the urinary tract nice and acidy. This is useful to reduce the likelihood of getting a kidney or bladder infection.

To chase away a cold, soak an eight-inch square of brown paper (cut from a paper grocery bag) in apple cider vinegar. When the paper is saturated , sprinkle it with pepper and bind to the chest with cloth strips. pepper side of the paper next to the skin. After 20 minutes, remove the aper and wash the chest, being careful not to become chilled.

Well, I better drag myself out the door and do the evening chores. Maybe that will help ease the car-sick stomach.
Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment