Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flower Bed

This was my project today. It does not look like much right now,  but before I took this picture there were Heaps of flowers that had already showed themselves with beauty and then fell over - plop!

It had been bothering my ever since last week but after being so busy I had not had enough time to do anything about it. So, I asked myself why it was bothering me so badly today??

I do not know exactly why? But, I proceeded to give all of the "heaps" - a hair cut - OR - should I say a flower -cut?? It did not take long for me to be dripping wet with sweat .DH had wanted to go to town to get him some bread so I decided  I would check out my "hidden stash of money" and see if I could treat myself to some flowers to add some color to my bed and also uplift my spirits.

Little Bear and Honey Bear -both , thought that was a good idea. As I was headed to the shower I scared DH because my face was blood - red . I forget to watch out for things like that.

Golly, jeepers - it was very hot to be digging and carrying on.   Now I did get lucky and I found the mums for .98 each- Yea!

Now , these little guys are certainly small , but I have high hopes for them. I actually have two large ones that had managed to come back each year for about ten years now- SO - I am begging these to do the same thing.: )

Today I took my evening walk and when I got to the top of the hill I very ungraciously plopped to the ground and I came up with the bright idea that I was going to tackle "sit-ups". I have not done them since high school and I know I need them more now than I did then. I did cheat a little because I was on an incline, which I am sure helped me. Two of my furbabies were with me and they did not know what to think. I put my arms behind my head and squared myself ready to TRY to get up one time - when- all of a sudden - PLOP- Little Bear had come flying to me and sat on my head! I was so startled and then when I realized what had happened and why I could not raise up from the ground - I almost cried with laughter!!!!!!! 

After I caught my wind - did some praying - I did actually raise my body up . It was so hard - but to me it is so important. I managed to pull off ten of them before rolling to my side and having a laughing good time.

Vinegar Tip For the Day:The most marvelous tonic for the feet is to walk back and forth in ankle deep bath water to which 1/2 cup vinegar has been added. Do this for 5 minutes , first thing in the morning, and for 5 minutes before retiring in the evening. Hot, aching feet will feel cooled and soothed.

If troubled by the itching and peeling of athlete's foot, soak socks or hose in vinegar water. Mix 1 part vinegar with 5 parts water and soak for 30 minutes before washing as usual.

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your new flowers do last for years.
    I have had a dog flop down on my head too!
    Vinegar? Well you learn something every day eh?