Monday, November 1, 2010

Not Only A New Week - BUT- A New Month Also

This was what greeted me as I came in the sewing room this morning .

It appears that I have another sleepy-head on my hands. :) First thing I do AFTER I give her a rub-down is to clean my cutting mat off. Now, let"s see what we are going to tackle First.?

 This was one of the pieces that was married to the green piece the other day -out of the dryer. But , after their divorce they have each decided to go on their own path. This one was a nice 56 inches wide and I am laying the front and back of the tee shirt because I am going to trim the piece off from the long segment so I can manage it better.
This is the second piece , so I am just going to cut out a shirt from here to see the differences in the knits.

UTT-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can see -it is only throwing down the white bobbin thread-so we know it is something to do with me. That is what the dealer said and I am just going to have to learn to live with it. I have tried different bobbins and different threads. Yesterday I managed to change its mind by having the same threads in the bobbin and the needle, so I changed the top thread to the white -the same as in the bobbin - but all this sewing and it is still not co-operating? O ! And my next disaster is that I thought I would just let it run and hope it would just straighten out of its own free will -but it has not. I thought that I had enough of the lavender that I would just cut a new front out -after I made it behave its self. WRONG - It is the lavender that I ran out of and the green that I have enough left over???????????????????? Whoe-is-me!
O MY! I think I will go have a Coke-fix, maybe that will get me chilled enough that I can figure this thing out?

Production has come to a stand-still and my brain feels like a farris wheel going round and round and round.  First I narrowed down on what I thought the culprit might be. Every one seems to go with tension problems and I found a really good site with good information. I did not know that there was such a thing as a "tension gauge"  - or a "drop test" for your bobbin. I did the test and the bobbin seems perfect. I removed the race and cleaned that good as there was a little debris and then I put it all back together and ran the first test - which was a failure right at the beginning because it pulled the top thead though and made a big mess . Gosh, this is worse than keeping the dishes washed. :) OK , second test I have put in a different bobbin and different bobbin thread? OOOOO SHOOT! It will not let the needle even go down and says safety device is activated. NOW WHAT?????????????

OK, in tiny writing in the end of the manual   it says safety device means the upper thread has got tangled around the bobbin case and the needle is bent and hitting the needle plate - so the machine stops. SO, I take it all apart searching for the tangled thread and can find none - next - I put in a new needle and try that -NO Luck- the safety device is still hating me. The feeling is almost mutual.

Would you believe that I took a lunch and tried again - then I went out and did outside chores - and came back and tried so many different things and it still will not work - my project is ruined now . I do not want to take it back to the dealer that said it was me and that it is a learning curve. My poor little Deco put up with abuse from me for four years and only threw a few tempter tantrums in that whole time. After today this one has everything new and clean on it and it still hates me and the feeling is mutual now. I am going to give it up for the evening and get something to eat -BESIDES this machine. This is the only time since I started embroidering that I ended up totally defeated. Me - zero and the machine -winner.

But , I will return-it better watch out! LOL ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you will get it. Sometimes getting it off your mind will help. I can imagine how frustrated you are though. Tomorrow is a new day. All I accomplished today at home was my ironing but I got it all done! Yay!

    ReplyDelete