Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I cannot believe it

I hit the sewing room right off the bat this morning. I sat down and started reading every thing in the owners manual . I had been sitting about 20minutes when DH came through the door. It scared me that he was home from hunting that early-I thought he had got hurt. But, he said NO, that he came back to work on the embroidery machine.Now my DH cannot read -or-write -BUT -in 20 minutes he had the embroidery machine purring like a kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at this test I sewed out! Isn't that the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now , let's see what kind of trouble I can get into next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my joy did not last long -I had to run out of bobbin thread-and the minute that I did that - misery rained down upon me AGAIN! I tried my normal mode of repair-that being BEGGING and PLEADING! But, that did not accomplish my goal either.

I was so upset that I was not accomplishing my goal -I just gave up and went into the kitchen and started peeling potatoes. Matter of fact , I peeled a BIG POT of potatoes. By then I decided I was working on enough potatoes to make potato salad and also a dish that is potatoes and peas and onions -then then thicken them and add a wee bit of butter and then have cornbread to sop of the juices. But, about that time DH comes through the door again, and says -what is wrong with you -so I replied -you know what is wrong with me. So, off he goes to the dungeon(not really) and then comes out smiling and says it is fixed. O, by now -I know you can see the steam escaping from my ears. I do run a test and it is perfect. I am still too miffed at it to even submit myself for humiliation from that dumb machine - I get lucky and a girlfriend calls and I have not heard from her in -it seems like a lifetime. So, I spend a half hour chatting with her -letting that machine know that I am not at its mercy - I will not let it see me cry- I am making it jealous! RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it will just  have to feel lonely and neglected a while longer because I am heading out to do the chores and that will take an hour and half! That will be good for it! SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I did get all the chores completed and then I gather up my bucket and went to dig potatoes. I only had a small row left and it quickly filled my 5 gallon bucket up. By then I was too tired to carry it to the house-so I  heaved it over the fence into the yard and when DH comes in from hunting we will bring it up. By then I was so tired that I stopped and everytime I stopped to rest - I had to take a few minutes to just absorb the beauty all around me . The trees are fast losing their foliage garment and there are leaves everywhere - like they are dancing in the breeze. Even the aroma of Fall just over whelms my sense of smell -all kinda musky. Maybe it was just meant for me to take this brief spell to count my blessings and enjoy all the artwork in my neck of the woods. :)

Well, I finally made it in and ran the vacuum and did the dishes and slip into the sewing room. I set the naughty machine up and find the design again and hit the button -ONLY to see White thread..... OK, not to panic I pull to  memory what DH had told me about the dumb bobbin. AFTER I put it in place and run it in its little trail it takes it is suppose to look a certain way - which it does not. For Four different times I thread and rethread it -almost about to give up because after it is threaded right - how in the world does it get a mind of its own and go where I do not want it to go. But , the next time it takes off like it  has some sense- until I have to change colors-then it tries to jerk the top thread out of my hand -once it succeeds and I have to stop and redo everything -two times it jerks the thread out of my hand -and then it takes off like it is suppose to. I do not like this WAR- this is suppose to be a job that I love -but I do not love having to redo things over and over.

I was having god luck and it was working -so I heaved a big sign of relief and ===it broke a needle- ok - time to say good night . I pray that everyone of you have double the good things happen to you . Love to all"!:)

4 comments:

  1. You must truly love embroidery!!! because I'd have smashed that machine by now! Or else...I have an idea...make your husband stand over the machine when you are working on it, and it will work all the time!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you are jinxed when it comes to your machines.
    Potatoes... I have a little crop growing too... I have never grown them before!
    When do you know when to dig them up????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Hope you are okay! Haven't heard from you for 3 days! Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love embroidery too...I have a Janome 350E.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete