Monday, November 8, 2010

NOW- to get down to Something Important!

This was where I had left off - these two designs on a shirt - with the white bobbin thread showing.  So, what can I do????

I decided that I would attempt to do the design on a separate piece of knit and then hopefully attempt to add it like an applique ??? I got it all laid out very neatly and pinned it like a deer hunter and his bullets - and took it to the sewing machine and decided , just for safety sake I should try a sample since I had left over pieces of knit.

I put needle to fabric and - would you believe that I now had White Bobbin Thread on top of the satin stitch that I was going to use . White THREAD - just like on the embroidery machine! Can you immagine how much I liked that?????????????????????????? I went through every step that I knew to try and figure out what was going on? Then DH came in and he did too!We both tried to solve the mystery. He did manage to get the white bobbin thread to quit showing -but then we could not get it to make the satin stitches without gumming up and making a big hump that it could not get over without us pulling on it-and I knew we did not need that since it is knit that loves to stretch. All and all , we both saw a number of New Places on the little Janome-but we could not solve the mystery since at times you would think it was going to work properly and then it would go into some kind of stitch that makes you think of that ticker tape they run for your heart -then it would just take off on any stitch it wanted to.

I finally sent him back to his wood cutting and I pulled out my other Janome that I had put up when I got this one. I packed the newer one up and stuck my tongue out at it! While all of this is going on I also am still working with this Smart Engine mess. It is kind of a mess- I have the computer at the end of the table -then the embroidery machine -then the sewing machine - and it feels like they all hate me today. The innocent little creatures have been kidnapped and somehow it is my fault! I HATE BO-BO'S!

I started the little "in case of emergence" machine and as I first started it up -it sounded like a wash machine-from where it had been sitting for a couple of years, but then it smoothed out . Then I remember the reason I wanted the other machine -BECAUSE I wanted a needle threader - and because I wanted to be able to slow my stitches down. This little guy felt like riding in a car with no brakes , as it came steaming down on me. I checked all of the stitches and I could not get a satin stitch out of any of them. :( I guess I will just chalk it up to - Win-Some -  Lose - Some (but I REALLY HATE to lose some - or any for that fact! :)

I still cannot get over how all of my toys seem to hate me on this day?????
Love to all - and hope you have got something to show for your day's work! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hope your toys start behaving better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a worry! Poking your tongue at the machine will do you NO GOOD AT ALL... ya twit.
    I hope you have managed to have some success by now.

    ReplyDelete