Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday Shirt Knock-Out.

Good morning ,Blog Family,
I am so sorry I did not post yesterday - but , it was just one of those days that seemed to have more to do on your plate than I did "time to accomlish it all with". :) Plus, I had something trying to pounce on me and make me sick. I was just miserable all over and even my eyes were hurting and when I work up they were almost glued shut. I even went to bed a little early last night and I feel like it has helped. I don't have time for a bug - and I just need a Big Bug-Swatter!!!!!!! :)

This machine was the one I had before the one I use now. It is a sweet little machine -but I just wanted a needle threader and the ability to show down my stitching so I could have better concentration on it. But,  I pulled it out just to see if it had the ability to make the satin stitch that I was needing -no it did not . I was very puzzled because I thought I had used it to make several pretty flags with ???? Hum? Must no though- I need a new chip in my brain and probably more memory also.


I went into the sewing room with high hopes that things would co-operate with me this morning . I was not going to have high hopes - was just intending to be grateful "for the ride"!When I treat sewing as this -I enjoy it and do not get upset because I am just taking it one stitch at a time. This shows a piece of knit that I used to test out the stitches on my little Janome De'cor Computer . I needed the satin stitch -and I finally did get a satin stitch-But- with complications. The top two test almost made me give -up-But the one below brought my hopes back up. I have used stabilizer on all of the embroidery work-but never thought of it for sewing-Guess I was wrong and now I am more enlightened.

Now, I have laid down the front shirt piece and on top of it and my disasterous design-then on top of that the piece that I have practiced the design on a separate piece of fabic with stabilizer between and I intend to draw a circle around my whole circus ..

It's hard to see, but I drawed a circle using the plate as a guide. I hope to satin stitch around the mark? We will see how it goes.



Well, we both can see - it did not go right. It was perfect around until it got to the bottom and then it did all this puckered stuff???

AAAAAHHHH - now I see what happened -the pretty stitches were on top of the stabilizer , but when it got to the bottom it ran out of stabilizer.

SOOO, I just have to rip out those bottom seams(this will be tough for me because of my poor eyesight.) But it has to be done and then see IF I can make it look neat ?????


Wellllllllll//////????? It does not look as neat as I would like. It looked better with just plain lavendar thread - BUT - I thought it would look better with a little Bling - so I added the metalic thread and now I don't like the way it makes it pucker up? I asked DH and he did not like it either-but he helped me stretch it and then heat treat it  and it looked nicer -but I am afraid that it will return puckered - so I just stuck it in the laundry and see what it looks like then? GOSH! I sure am glad that I enjoyed sewing today -because it has been one little lesson at a time???? If it does not come out decent I will just have to find me a different piece of knit to remake the front.

Well, I better give it up because our youngest son and his wife have bought us some groceried and we are going to pick them up-plus, that way I can take Meagan her "baby items".

Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh would it not be great in if could have MORE memory put in our brain..
    Hope you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, what would we do without our humble kitchen plates eh? I use them too.
    I hope you have had a nice visit to your son and DIL.

    ReplyDelete