Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sheezzzz - Tuesday adventures

I am beginning to wonder where this "abundance of things" that seem to puzzle me , are coming from? Bad enough with all these computer woes - then the war of the machines ????

Take for instance this morning? DH had a doctor's appointment -where they keep a check on his PSA levels are at to keep an eye on his cancer. His doctor is a wonderful human being. He is kind and smart and helpful and does his best to leave a good feeling when you go to see him.

We had just got ready to go out our door this morning -when the phone rang. It was the doctor's office and he had a heart attack. When I called the office to reschedule the appointment and to ask how he was doing - they said it did not look good. I HATE that !  It made me wonder if he had not carried too much stress from his role of treating people with a horrendous disease? When a doctor works with you to attempt to save your life for a while longer - you develop a bond -kinda a little like next in order from an angel.

So, we decided to make our trip to the mill for critter food and flour that I need to make loaf bread for both of us. Years ago I tried to get DH to eat fresh bread and he did not want to -so I had given up on that idea. Then here lately we had taken to eating two different types of bread- me whole wheat and him white. He goes through bread like pig through slop! LOL

I had been researching about a product called white whole wheat and my curosity was really running rampant. My older son had found some at a nice Amish store in our neighborhood and picked up 5 pounds for me. I really like it , I just wish I knew where to find out more information about it?

We stopped at a Dollar Store and picked up a handfull of things and as I was paying for it I dropped my little change purse as I went to pay . I retrieved it and dropped it again. I told the little girl I was having too many adventures this week.

We came home and unloaded the feed and I sat down to take a break in  a little plastic chair outside the bird house . I must have been daydreaming because all of a sudden - Tommy Turkey appeared in my face-kinda purring like they do when they get mad . All of a sudden he went for a little bracelet that one of my friends had bought me over the week end dealing with friendship . Tommy grabbed for it , catching me off guard (how many times do you have a turkey go wild over a bracelet?) I jumped - he jumped - and I discovered that as I was reaching for a bead - he was too and he grabbed up two before I knew what he was doing. Then I did get my hands on about 5 beads -and he was really angry . He purred again and as he raised his head up , I grabbed his snoodle (floppy flap on his face) and I held on and he jumped backwards trying to dislodge me. I let it go and he pushed me and I pushed him-back and forth we both went . Neither one of us was winning. Finally I saw a break for freedom and I grabbed my pitcher and zipped through the door.  LOL

I did end up with a cut mark on my wrist that looks like a big astrick. Funny because I tried to wash off the blood and it just seemed to make it brighter. I guess that is just my badge for the day. LOL

Anybody got any "turkey tips"????  He was just so crippled up last fall and winter -when he came to live here. He could barely walk - but he is looking better now. Matter of fact  , so much better that I cannot lift him! LOL

Love to all and watch out for bracelet eating turkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your doctor!!! I hope he will be okay!

    You simply could not make up the stuff that happens to you! Turkeys attacking! Whoa!!!

    ReplyDelete