Sunday, August 1, 2010

Working on a Plan

Even though my embroidery machine is in the machine hospital  I am steadily working on how to pull it all together and not waste time - SO- I got lucky and DH went over to help DS work on a vehicle. I looked around and saw a dozen things I would like to accomlish -BUT- this house empty sign doesn't come so often -SO- I boogie into the sewing room . It is kinda chilly outdoors and dark and cloudy where it has been drizzling ever since yesterday. But , in the sewing room -it beckons me ! :)

I start trying to get organized and while I was cleaning the cutting table cleaned up I happen to notice Miss Rosie asleep on one of the plastic bins in what has become her favorite place lately. I don't know why , but I do know that I LOVE to see a cat curled up. For some reason it just relaxes me and makes me feel like everything is right in my world at that moment..

My plan is to cut out all of the shirts from the one
bolt of grey that I had ordered from Fabric.com
I did not realize how much I liked grey until my oldest
Son kept telling me that he loved GREY shirts!.
I guess it took him a couple of years for me to take it
seriously!


So, when I got lucky and got this grey I started to remember that I had had One grey shirt and that I always loved it . I loved it so much that I wore it to pieces.

I found the pattern pieces that I need and turned on the computer. Not for work - but for play. I totally
Adore Celtic music and there is a radio station online that is called Pandora and you can find almost any type of music that you love to listen to.

I was so grateful to be introduced to this radio and have the option of listening to Celtic that way, because when it comes to buying cd's I either run out of money -Or- don't know enough of the artists to get to listen to other .This way I can put in a song of an artist and get to listen to others that  I would never know about. Thank you very much - Pandora!

I love Celtic so much that sometimes it feels like the way a nice warm fire feels when it kinda settles into your bones . Soooo soothing! No, I did not know this all my life. I listened to the country music most of my life and then one day at a flea market I heard some Celtic and my heart was captured. When I jumped ship - my family thought I had lost my mind - lol- little did they know I had Found it! :) It is so funny how sometimes the least little thing can change your life and you are off on a totally different path and you do not know where it is going to take you. :::::

Since I had that big empty hole where the embroider machine was sitting -I decided to temporarily fill it up. This is the shirts that I already have cut up and bagged.Let's see how much progress I can make ?

Utt - O! It is starting to look like a tee shirt factory over here! Boy, it is a good thing that I am labeling them or I would be So lost!

Ha ha ha! The shirts are over there and the scrapes are over here. I really hate to throw any fabric away -so the  larger squares on the right I will put in a tote and use them for things like -the pockets in pants and jackets and the other small scrapes I hope to take and cut them up in little pieces and use them as stuffing in pillows for  my fur babies.But that job is Really hard with my arthritis because all that whacking makes my hands hurt so much and get really stiff. So, I figure I will carry them into the living room and when we sit down to watch a program on tv I will cut while my mind is busy.  Hope, hope hope!

Miss Mocha is busy attempting to keep me straight! I know it is a dirty job, but it sure helps to have someone do it! LOL

I love my furbabies so much and they bring so much joy to my life. :) I don't think I would have made it through losing those 3 this year If a friend had not told me about the Rainbow Bridge where our pets go to wait for us.  I said when I cross over that the humans better watch out because there is going to be a stampede when my crew comes to meet me. LOL








Well , this is how I have covered up my empty spot .I have 12 shirts all cut out and ready to hit the embroidery machine. They are all different sizes from Small to 4X. Of course now I will have to hurt for designs and that is getting to be a challenge for me????

I have them all labeled so I won't get so confused this time. The ones that I have already wrapped are in a tote in a storage building and I have told my daughter-in-law that If I kick the bucket on them - that I still would want them to have their gifts and to go get them . They will have their names on so that aught to make it easy for them.

I still have more to do, but at least this helps so much -And- since I am doing the cutting that will really help me ! The cutting is just so hard for me. I had to laugh while I was cutting out these today because it is a little bit cool today and I broke out in a heavy Sweat -that shows how difficult it is for me. Now that I have finished that bolt of fabric and sat down to "blog" I am cooling off to where it feels good now. LOL

I guess I will have to pull out my Christmas list and see "who was naughty and who was nice"! That way I can brouse through my stash and see what I have to work with? I still am thinking about those lounge pants.???? And thinking so really hard for me.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and the start of a new week.
love to all ! And many Happy Stitches! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello granny, pleased to meet you thnaks to Micki, well, my Lea also find the most impossible places for sleeping. Regards from Loradana, I'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just inadvertently found your blog, but enjoyed reading your latest post. I, too, like celtic music and I have quite a bit of it on my playlist on my blog.
    www.quiltflower.com
    I also love to sew and machine embroider and anything that has to do with thread, yarn, needles of any kind.
    Nancy PS I joined your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blasted machine.. if it breaks down again I will come over there and hit it with a sledge hammer for you, then you can get a new one! grrrr. I listen to music on my computer too.

    ReplyDelete