Friday, August 6, 2010

Looky Looky - My Baby is Home

I just cannot believe that my baby is home! After last years fiasco - which kept it away from me and my creative purpose . It was worse than a love affair gone wrong-matter of fact , it WAS a love affair gone bad and about broke my heart!

This shop was SO nice and they had more than one technician  and they all worked hard to get those certificates to keep up to date on all this new technology! Hummm? A week -compared to last years 4 months????  I am so excited - I just cannot stand myself!  Shoot -even If something should not work right - at least I would have more time to take it back.

I wish you could have seen this little shop. We got there before they even opened up for business-about ten minutes before. So DH wanted to run across the street and pick up some kind of a plug in for one of his boy-toys. Then we came back across the street about 20 minutes later - AND- the parking lot was already Filled up to capacity. Gals were going in and out like honey bees to a hive! I was amazed that there was so much "Sewing activities" going on!

I wish I could have had more money because they had a Hancock's Fabric's on the next block. We used to have a Hancock's Fabrics at home about 5 years ago and then they closed down. I was broken hearted because I loved the sales and I loved the ladies who worked there because they treated you just like family!  It got so nice because we would go in the door and as we browsed through -they would always greet me with a Hi Linda -or a Hi Doug - which was so wonderful because he would take off to talk to the gals which left me free to "spend the money" . LOL

So maybe next year I will return - hum???? That would make for a really nice birthday present ???? :)This place was in Winston Salem, NC and it is called Triad Sewing & Vacuum Center. I know I am counting my chickens before they hatch -but I have such high hopes that this is going to be a wonderful experience. If it works like it is suppose to I will only take my Brothers to this location from now on. He had made a note that he had fixed a tension spring and that really pleased me because I had forgotten to tell him that when I tackled any design that the threads would get caught in some kind of a spring and you could peek inside and see it hung on it! Of course if you tugged it would leave fragments of thread on the spring. So , if he picked up on that - I am really tickled and think he is a very good technician !

The weather was perfect for the 2 and a half hour drive and the flowers were all in full bloom, and we hit town in between the rush hour traffic -so that was a bonus too.

I still have to run down some designs because In my heart I did not believe that he would get it finished that fast - so I guess I was dragging my feet just so I would not be disappointed by keeping my mind busy. LOL My shirts I have cut out are over here in their plastic bags just shivering in their boots whispering to each other - -OOOOO- We are going to get it NOW! LOL Matter of fact - I think I am shivering in my chair too!  LOL - It's Christmas time for me! LOL

Jeepers - I sure hope each of you have had a wonderful day too! That makes it even better! We can all celebrate a Wonderful Day! My toys are home and my friends are happy - how much better could it get! :)
I better hop off of here before you all want to throttle me for taking up your valuable time - but thanks so much for sharing it with me! :)

4 comments:

  1. glad you have your machine up and running and you are able to happily create again.
    have a terrific weekend.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a true Christmas heart!!! That is precious! Glad you have your machine back and hope you find those perfect patterns!

    ReplyDelete