Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oldest Son Tee

Hello, Hello!
  
It is such a beautiful Tues. and I have been a busy little bee(maybe not too Little - lol ) this morning. I got up and went out and did all the chores and made sure that all of my critter babies have plenty of water for this is going to be another hot and thirsty day.

Then while DH was frying us some green tomatoes I changed the sheet on one bed and did two laundries  and ran the vacuum to chase down all my furbabies run away fur!:) We ate and it was so good -I believe it is extra good because the green tomatoes came out of our little garden and the eggs from my"feather babies" -Cluck - cluck! :)



DH had been working on his truck and he thinks that he has it ready to be inspected. He offered me to ride with him, but I begged not to! That is how I managed to be in the sewing room and how wonderful is that! I am working today on my oldest son a tee shirt for Christmas. I know he will LOVE the light grey colore -but since he still smokes he always wants a pocket on the front . I Always have a problem figuring out how to position that thing. First I fight with where to place it and then after that I take a look and then I realize that I will probably get it crooked up and down wise??? As I was studying the old store-bought one I kind of chuckle to realize that I am not the only one to have a problem with that because it is as crooked as crooked can be! :)

OOPS? DH has returned and his truck passed inspection. That is wonderful -one less thing to have to worry about for a year! Yea! Well, he is hungry -so I better go round up something ?? I think it is going to be rice and a turnip and Brussels sprouts recipe. The rice I can cook in the rice cooker that a friend gave me and I really do enjoy it. The turnips and Brussels sprouts you precook for about 5 to 15 minutes (depending on how soft you want them.) Then you put a couple of tablespoons of butter and sauté a half cup of walnuts -then add your veggies and 2 tablespoons of honey.  It was good , so now my evening is passing away .

So I hassle back into the sewing room and finish the tee shirt. Now that it is sewed together it looks kinda small, but I have used this pattern many times so I  hope I have not goofed it up?


Still, so much I hope to accomplish this afternoon. But this is one less ! I hope he will like it , as it is soooo lightweight and should be good for a hot summer day. :)

Remember when I said , the only difference between the men and the boys- is just the price of their toys!:)
Hope you all are having a perfect day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment