Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Ends the Week

It is a perfect Saturday to sew-except I find myself procrastinating ! Do I have a reason - Yes- I am afraid if I start embroidering that something will go wrong with the machine! As long as it just sits there and I don't aggravate it -then it is fixed! :) WEEEELLLLLLLL? I know - that is definitely not practical. Even DH asks why I am not in the sewing room?

So I work with a few more things and ease into the sewing room - maybe it I don't make any noise -it will not notice that I am in the room - and it still Might work???????????? So I start by looking at the embroidery on the hoop that was the test for them at their shop. I noticed that not only do they put the bottom stabilizer like I did -but they also have a light piece of something that looks like stretchy plastic wrap???? HUM????



So, I sidle over towards the pile of shirts that are cut out and stand pondering the best way to go about this?  I decide that since the first one to send to war will be my oldest son's first -since he Always has to have a pocket. Of course I start Wrong - right off the bat! I had cut his pocket out  when I realized that it would be much easier to just put a piece of the knit down as large as the hoop an then lay a piece of very thin stabilizer on top  , Kinda like sneaking a saddle on a young colt -ever so quietly so they really do not know something is coming???????

I had picked a simple design of a motorcycle with no fill stitches . It only called for two colors and I liked that. I kinda held my breath as I pushed the ON button and waited to see what would happen???Well??? it kinda sewed like it knew what it was doing and did not seem too upset with me??? Then I put on the second color and I could hardly believe that it was completing a project????

Needles to say I felt like I should strike while the iron was hot . So, I picked another simple design for my youngest son and started the machine again. Hum? This time I heard an old familiar sound -which always means trouble. It sounds like clashing scissor against each other. No more had that thought crossed my wee brain - then - Yep - it broke the thread. GGGrrr!

Then I wondered if I had described it the wrong way - it is not Just breaking threads -but there is a spring in there that he called a tension spring and  somehow it rubs the threads until they look like they have just frayed thin- until there is no more thread to fray???

See - I knew I should not touch it ! But darn it - I am already in the waters of embroidery - I have to proceed.Ever so quietly I re-thread it and turn her loose again. I don't know how -But - we finish that project too. I peek through the shirts one more time and discover one more male gift and I decide to try once again - and that actually does get completed. Now I have these three pieces that I need to turn into pockets for the front of these shirts. I am pleased that I have come this far- I am very nervous about using  her on the gals shirts because I don't have those simple designs for the gals - and I believe the machine will show its true colors and that will be colors that I hate!

But, I am going to think Positive and I am grateful for this much progress. After I finish these shirts I will just have to try and see how it goes.

But, at the moment I am pleased that I know have 3 pockets for 3 different shirts. I am curious to see about having a stabilizer on the top of these knit pieces. I used two different kinds to see what I think . Now I have to trim the stabilizer off  of the top and then turn them into a proper pocket. :) Right now I have to run outside and see that all the evening chores are done -but I am a happy camper . I wish when your luck was good that you could just keep on working.

I used to think that also when my kids were little. I had taught my daughter how to crochet and she was a Whiz! They say the sign of a good teacher is when your student is better than you- if that could be so -then I am a wonderful teacher Because she is the second best I have ever seen in my lifetime. She is fast light lightening and understands the layout like a genius . But when she would come home from school and do her homework -then she would pull out her crochet needles and as i was washing the dishes I would keep peeking to see how it was coming along - AND- wishing with all my heart that I could just sit with her and crochet until bed time or until we got our projects finished.  It's that Life thing that can become so challenging.

I had to laugh at my DH today when I told him that time just flew away with me and I wanted to slow it down - so maybe I should just plop myself down in a chair and sit and watch it tick by-maybe it would slow down then - and he said " You would just be bored to death watching the minutes tick by". HUMMMMMM?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment