Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend closing

This was another beautiful day - painted with beautiful colors just for me.  I got awaken with a pain in my head-not exactly a head-ache- but I could feel the blood pulsing on the side of my head. This was the first time I have ever had a pain in the head awaken me-normally I would go to sleep to get rid of one - not to have one awaken me???

I rolled over and realized I was Cold, turned out something was wrong with our outdoor wood stove and DH got up and went out and had a "talk" with it - while I  cheated and crawled back in bed. I had taken something for the pain and I thought if I would get warm -it would give it time to take effect.

It has followed me all day long and I keep telling it to go away. When I got up I expected to see PeeWee dead-but no , not yet. DH had taken her out to go potty and carried her back in. This would be one of a few pets that he has ever got attached to - the other one is the collie , Lassie that I brought home from the dog pound also. But DH actually picked PeeWee out   - so they actually have a "history" Lassie is not doing so great either as she is getting so crippled from arthritis. But she is so special to both of us.

I noticed that while I attempted to do laundry that something was wrong with me? I could not concentrate and I would just wander from room to room -realizing that Old Mr. Depression was attempting to get a hold on me? But, DH came in and said we had to go to town to get some tools he needed . as he is working on his ATV.

By the time we got back I was feeling better and I managed to tear the living room apart and steam clean the hardwood floor. I really do like that tool. It cleans the floor perfectly and it does it without any chemicals - just steam. By the time I finished I was drenched in sweat and too pooped to pop! I Picked PeeWee up and held her while we sat under the fan to cool off. for a few minutes.

I was checking on a couple of blogs like Maria - Life on the block and Sue from  Charlotte's Cottage They and some of their  friends spent a day dying fabric and then having lunch together and just having fun. That had to be a perfect day - spending time with friends and being creative also . You should see those beautiful colors of fabrics blowing in the wind - makes me think of the rainbow. ( I bet one of them found that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!) I believe we call that Friendships.

Have a great day or a great night! Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Linda, Maria and I did have fun and today we are all sharing the fun of admiring the finished fabrics. Only trouble was our lovely bright reds turned out orange. Oh well! We will need to have another Dyeing Day and try again, won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't have been nice waking up with a pain in the head! And cold too! I hope his nibs has fixed your heater by now...
    can't have you cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have a lovely time, playing with the dyes.
    Do you go to a craft group at all?? Good for you mix with other folk who like to sew etc.

    ReplyDelete